Ammo at Wal Mart

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I know it's a tired topic, but this ammo shortage won't last forever.

I found some 17 HMR at Wal mart today. In fact they had enough and I only bought what I needed. One box of 200 CCI brand for $48. Which I think is a normal price.

And with only my single shot Contender, it will take a while to shoot these 200 rounds.

I asked if they are getting other calibers in and the guy was pretty vague for some reason. Perhaps he didn't know. But I can say this 17 ammo wasn't there last week.

Sunny days ahead!

Scheels (regional purveyor of shoes, yoga pants, and fudge, as well as some actual sporting goods) has had select ammo trickling in, from time to time.

Today they had some dies, bullets, brass. They also had a bunch of Hornady Lock-n-Load presses, and a Dillon progressive in stock, as well as some tumblers, etc. Most or all of those items have been absent for some time...

No powder or primers right now, but hope springs eternal! :p

Yes, we all need some hope right now. I was at my other favorite gun store today, they had 22 ammo from CCI, normally priced too! But it was one box per customer per week.

They also had some powder! I bought my once per week box of 22 and a pound of Bullseye powder. Also normally priced!

Local Bi mart had what looked like 3 to 4 cases of W-W .223 ammo in 20 round box's 2 days ago in the morning, I was there today and it's all gone. I don't need any and did not check what the cost was.

32magfan

Blackhawk
I usually cruise by the sporting goods counter at the various Wal-Marts in TN and Ky. All I have seen on the shelves is 28 gauge shotgun shells. :roll:

32Magfan

The Walmart closest to me, has gotten rid of all the ammunition and fire arms. No rifles, Shotguns, or any Ammunition of any Caliber. Since June of 2020 and this after they stopped selling the AR-15 .

All the Wal Marts around DFW no longer sell guns, just ammo and accessories. But a couple weeks ago I was in a town about an hour away, and the Wal mart there had guns in stock. They also had some rifle ammo in stock as well, But none I needed.

dogtag69

Bearcat
Kevin said:
I know it's a tired topic, but this ammo shortage won't last forever.

I found some 17 HMR at Wal mart today. In fact they had enough and I only bought what I needed. One box of 200 CCI brand for $48. Which I think is a normal price.

And with only my single shot Contender, it will take a while to shoot these 200 rounds.

I asked if they are getting other calibers in and the guy was pretty vague for some reason. Perhaps he didn't know. But I can say this 17 ammo wasn't there last week.

Sunny days ahead!
We had two places to buy ammo WM super center and a farm store W M just quit selling guns and ammo don't know why and they won't say now there is only the farm store and their prices tell you they are the the only one selling ammo well we do have a pawn shop but 70 dollars for 50 rounds of9mm range ammo made me go out the door empty handed

wolfee

Blackhawk
My Walmart in a northwest suburb of Denver has received regular shipments of 22lr, 22 mag and 17 mag the past few weeks. CCI and Winchester. Even more astonishing is no price gouging and the stuff lasts on the shelf for almost a week. They also received plenty of white box Winchester 308's that aren't moving at all.

Walmart announced back in 2020 that they were going to stop selling all ammunition in select stores here in Virginia. The closest one to me here in Virginia Beach has no weapons of any kind or ammunition of any kind . I saw the writing on the wall when they stopped selling AR-15's

Latest posts