Dillon SD press UPDATE

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jack black

Blackhawk
Well my Dillon press is down the primer seating stub sheared off at the hole I have a new one but I also had a small powerful magnet come out when I pulled the priming tube and primer slide assembly??
What is this magnet for I am stumped. I have had this press apart many times and never have seen this.

magpouch

Single-Sixer
I have ten of the Square Deal presses. Most I bought used or as parts. I have taken them apart to the last bolt. There is no magnet in any of mine.

Contender nailed it though with his response of just calling Dillon. They answer questions for a living...

jack black

Blackhawk
I sent off to Dillon asking. I have no idea where this came from . It is very strong .I will let the site know what Dillon says. The magnet is to big to fall into the press so it has been in there for over 20 years.

jack black

Blackhawk
Update Dillon said no magnet in their press so I am baffled it is to large to have fallen into the press. New parts are being sent.

contender

Ruger Guru
I suspected that would be the case,, but wasn't sure.

Often,, odd things turn up in strange places,, without any plausible explanation.

contender

Ruger Guru
Just this past Saturday,, some of my extended family & I were talking about just such oddities. One young man was discussing buying a new, (4 miles only) mini-van. Had it for a few months, and was hit and wrecked it. The Trooper who was investigating asked if he had his .357 with him. He replied; "I don't own a .357 at all, never have." There was a live .357 round, that was sitting on a section of the dash. He said he'd never even had anyone in the van with a .357 or any other way a round could have gotten there in the few months he'd owned it.

Strange stuff does appear occasionally.

Johnnu2

Hunter
I found my lost 2" pocket knife inside the oil filter canister when changing the oil in my '62 Chebbie...

Wiped it off and put it back in my pocket.... had gone a year without it!

J.