Powder

Help Support Ruger Forum:

gunzo

Buckeye
I suspect some distributors of doing a bit of scalping, hoarding, rationing, gambling with their inventory.

I know the net is fast, but have seen entire websites go to an Out of Stock status in the blink of an eye when something happens that could start panic.
Boss say's to sales; don't sell ammopowderprimerbullets today, we'll get double for it next month.

The Preacher

Single-Sixer
Powder? Primers? Bullets? Ammo? Firearms? With the current administration in play many folk are thinking "Winter is coming".... And in my not so humble opinion it is. Thank you to those who put this administration into office!

The Preacher

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
Ale-8(1) said:
Yep . . . right back to the Pogo quote. I've seen it happen. :roll:

Hi,

Walt Kelly was a wise man. I can't say for sure, but would suspect he might suggest we get out our calculators and see if they hold an answer.

For example: I saw a figure about total US small arms cartridge production recently, from about 2019. The number I saw was about 7 BILLION rounds per year. That seems like a bunch of ammo, doesn't it?

Well, maybe, or maybe not. At the same time I think it's fair to say we have (at least) 100 MILLION gun owners in this country. So let's divide that many owners into that many rounds to see what each of us might get. My calculator says each of us has 70 rounds earmarked for us, for an entire year. When's the last time most any of us bought just 70 rounds and told ourselves that was a year's supply? See where this is going?

Rick C

TRanger

Blackhawk
It may depend on who you know.
I'm aware of a little hole-in-the-wall shop out in the sticks run by two old fellows that is getting regular shipments of powder, brass, ammunition,...and primers. HOW they're getting it I can't answer. But they have a connection somewhere.