Back in the good old days

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Back when brass was still being sold dirt cheap on ebay and shipping in a big flat rate Priority Mail box cost $11.85, every one of us should have bought more.

mikld

Blackhawk
The "good old days", for brass, was when You could go to a range and go home with 100 more cases than what you arrived with...

RSIno1

Hunter
mikld said:
The "good old days", for brass, was when You could go to a range and go home with 100 more cases than what you arrived with...
Or more. A friend brought me about 50 pounds of 9mm a few months ago. He said it was about 1/3 of what he had picked up. He kept all the 223 and 308 though.

Went shooting at the range in Brewer me. I began policing up my brass and one of the employees
told me to stop!! He said once the brass hits the floor it's theirs. Well I can tell you what!! I will never
ever go their again! ps

tinman

Buckeye
powder smoke said:
Went shooting at the range in Brewer me. I began policing up my brass and one of the employees
told me to stop!! He said once the brass hits the floor it's theirs. Well I can tell you what!! I will never ever go their again! ps

Just tell them you expect the price of that (once used brass) to be deducted from the rental cost....and then make sure to tell them if they say "no" that you will be telling everyone you meet to avoid that establishment. Or, next time you go, lay down a tarp to catch your brass.....so it does not touch "their" floor. :idea:
Yes, I am that kinda guy. :wink:

mikld

Blackhawk
I've encountered range employees that tried to stop me from policing my brass. The last time, I looked at him, smiled, picked up the few at my feet, packed up and left. If I dropped my money clip or loose change on the floor, would the range claim it too? (I see spent cases as shiny dimes on the ground/floor.)...

Snake45

Hawkeye
I wish I'd bought a LOT more 7.62 NATO when there was a bunch of it floating around CHEAP around 2005. Shortly after I discovered how good the Australian 7.62 was it dried up, nothing left but South African, which wasn't nearly as accurate in my Norinco M14S. And then the price doubled on that, and then soon it was gone, too. And at even the double price, it was cheap by today's standards. :shock: