Found some more primers

Help Support Ruger Forum:

contender

Ruger Guru
A small local gun shop had some Large Rifle, 209 shotgun, and some Large Pistol primers for sale. Limited to 1 brick each. They charged $37 a brick. NOT a price gouger. All I needed to buy was the Large Pistol.

protoolman

Service-Sixer
Interesting. I sold mine to a dealer last week fo $50 per thousand (20 year old ones) he resold them at the gun show. $175 per thousand!

NikA

Buckeye
There's a gun shop in town that will pay 100$/k for any pistol primers. I didn't sell any but I did trade some to reduce the number of brands I have on hand. My personal policy is not to sell things that I may need and don't know when I will be able to replace.

TRanger

Blackhawk
Got 200 CCI small pistol at Bass Pro today. Regular price. All they had left. Seems to be a matter of getting there at the right time.

So did I but some over achiever has already shoved them into prepped .223 cases. I even located my homemade "semi-progressive" .223 loader and squirted some panther juice on the moving parts.

jack black

Blackhawk
My question is why so few thought ahead. We ALL knew this would happen years ago. Looks like the ANT AND THE GRASSHOPPPER story all over again. I happen to be the ANT. 8)

"Dang, too bad I have so many primers holding powder in cases!"
Funny you should mention that. I've spent several days going through stored ammo checking for inadequately sized cases. In doing so, I reached the bottom of a coffee can of .223 ammo and found a primer and a sprinkle of powder. OH CRAP!!! I'd been loading this ammo onto stripper clips so start stripping and checking. Sure enough, about 1/3 of the way through the pile, there was the culprit.
Always keep in mind, reloaded ammo isn't foolproof(on the other hand, neither is new factory ammo).

Biggfoot44

Blackhawk
$175 is cheap . This past weekend ar the gun show they were $30 .... Per HUNDRED .

daveg.inkc

Hunter
I have an indoor range close by that sells 200 primers per visit. They also have .270 Sierras and Hornadys in stock. Today I found .41 Sierras in 170 grs. Next stop is Bass Pro. To see what they have. Last trip was bare shelves.

Skoopski

Single-Sixer
I'm headed down to Springfield tomorrow, probably not even gonna stop in Bass Pro, but what if? Just in case...