"From Ingot To Target" must read for casters

Help Support Ruger Forum:

sixshot

Buckeye
Guys, this is a good one! If you ever plan to cast or if you are a long time caster, this is a great read. Glen, & Rob Applegate just wrote the best book ever on bullet casting.

Dick

pps

Single-Sixer
The LA Silhouette Club is a WEALTH of information, as is the "Cast Boolits" website.

Dale53

Blackhawk
From Ingot to Target may be the single best book ever done on the cast bullet. It is truly authoritative and instructive in the best way possible.

In addition, it is a darn good read!

Good work, Glen. Thanks to Rick for his work with the printable PDF!

Dale53

BrokNAirow

Bearcat
Excellant article best reading if you are into casting and customizing your own loads..
Very Good.
I'm Brok :lol:

StanMemTn

Single-Sixer
Wow! I've been meaning to read over this for two months now since Bucks posted this. The chapter on "The Keith SWC" is fascinating and very well written.

Thanks for bring this to our attention. For the record, I'm not a bullet caster and have no immediate plans to start. I just like to have some basic information about what I'm doing as I load and shoot.

-Stephen

Bayouhunter

Single-Sixer
Read all of it and now have spent A ton of money getting set up. I think the money spent will be well worth it though. Molds, handles, sizers, dies, etc.. Too many calibers! My fault there.
I started molding my own round balls .50,.54 last year and decided to get into the building them for my center fire rifles. I looking forward to getting started.

Lloyd Smale

Blackhawk
wrote by probably the two most knowlegable caster in the country. Theyve forgot more knowlege about guns, loading and casting then most of us have absorbed in a lifetime.

The Happy Kaboomer

Single-Sixer
I've been casting since 1972. I now have lots of molds/sizers etc.. All my handguns live on cast bullets and several of my deer rifles do too. Lots of satisfaction killing a deer with a bullet you made.........And as long as you can get lead you will NEVER have a bullet shortage.

magnum711

Bearcat
I just read this book, and I have to agree with everything already posted. Even if you only shoot cast bullets, it's very interesting to know what's going on with that little chunk of lead. I started out cherry picking the chapters I was interested in, and ended up reading the whole thing. The lube chapter was cool, along with the 1,000 yard shooting. Great read!

RSIno1

Hunter
I had good luck with casting 9mm in a Lee mold using their tumble lube method. Sold all my casting stuff when my shooting 9mm slowed down and the bullet pile grew - still have a couple thousand set aside.
About 8 months ago I came across about 300 lbs of lead in my garage. I started buying casting stuff again since bullets were scarce. This time I want to play with making alloys since a couple hundred pounds is pure lead.