Dillon Die Sets Backordered

Help Support Ruger Forum:

loaded round

Hunter
Got it right from the horse's mouth today (actually Dillon's Customer Service); Dillon .223 Rem and 9 mm NATO dies are back ordered with a 3 month lead time. Is there a message being sent to us reloaders?

contender

Ruger Guru
Yes.
Supply does not meet the demand.
Look at gun sales currently.
And what follows is more folks interested in reloading.

chuck

Blackhawk
May be they are catching up, I ordered a set of 9mm dies fer my SDB on 10-9 and got them on the 10-17. Bought my SDB about 30 years ago and still love it have change over kits for 357, 44Mag,45acp,45LC and now 9mm.

The lgs here which usually has the best selection of powder and primers, is a Dillion dealer. They "normally" have 6 or 8 Dillion presses in stock. Like the new 750. These days? None.

chuck said:
May be they are catching up, I ordered a set of 9mm dies fer my SDB on 10-9 and got them on the 10-17. Bought my SDB about 30 years ago and still love it have change over kits for 357, 44Mag,45acp,45LC and now 9mm.

The SDB takes proprietary dimensioned dies, not the standard sized dies, that may be why they had them in stock.

EVERYBODY is working their butts off to get people what they want, it's just going to take a while from what I've been reading.

NikA

Buckeye
remshooter said:
i ordered a set of Dillon .40 cal dies back in jan 15th , 2021 ,still have not gotten them. that was 6 months ago

5 months.

I ordered a barrel in January with the knowledge it was going to be a 4-6 month wait. Maker's web page now says they're at least 12 months out. As long as price spikes in the materials don't get them, I'll get it when I get it.

Latest posts