From Trail Cam to Freezer

Help Support Ruger Forum:

P8mHLYel.jpg

Shot this with my NitroFire Muzzle loader Friday evening. 100 grain Federal Fire Stick and Hornady Bore Driver bullet. Unique antlers on him.

80sG9Zfl.jpg

contender

Ruger Guru
Outstanding! I like those unusual racks. That guy looks like he just had an accident earlier in the year to make his horn grow like that.

I do this a lot,, trail cam to freezer myself! It oddball 5 pt I shot earlier this year was selected because of his odd rack.

Yep, this guy was on my hit list for sure. I also figured that some kind of injury caused this. I used to like symmetrical racks, but now I love non-typical ones. The more junk the better. I have a huge 10 pointer with lots of stickers in my woods. I have seen him twice bow hunting but always out of range.

Earlier Friday I took a Doe with my 12" Contender in 375 Winchester. Almost exact same spot where I got my buck.

A.J.

Single-Sixer
Congratulations! Very cool photos. I'm likewise watching some deer on my trail cam: a handful of does and an 6-point buck.

Sounds like you've had a good run this fall. I got a picture of a huge buck a friend killed in northern Ill. He came all the way from Montana to hunt his parent's farm and scored bigtime.