Ghosts Spirits Whatever You Call Them......Real???

This Area is for Relaxing and Discussing Issues for Any Subject on Your Mind So Long as it is in Good Taste.

Moderator: Moderators

mike7mm08
Hunter

Ghosts Spirits Whatever You Call Them......Real???

Post by mike7mm08 »

Do you believe in someone passed floating around among us?

Family has a cabin in northern Wi. Grandparents planned to retire there as did my parents. Did not happen for various reasons. Grandparents have both passed on Dad passed last year about this time.

Years ago after my Grandmother passed we had a weird incident at the cabin. She was very religious polish catholic. In the front yard we have a balsam tree. Over the years we trimmed branches off. Grandma would put small religious emblems or statues in the sap of the trunk were the branches had been cutoff. The year following her death. All the items were gone. They were all lined up on her dresser. Over the years we make a point of always noting the position of the items before we leave. More than once they have been rearranged. Bit spooky but screw it have another beer is the usual reaction.

Speaking of beer. Grandpa drank Pabst. He's not been in the place for 30 years. Still have the occasional Pabst bottle cap appear on the kitchen table.

I was up in spring turkey hunting. I was woken up twice in one night to crystal clear sound of a music box playing. I was deadass sober.

Now today I got chills. Talked to my brother how was up last weekend. It was him his wife and my 18 month old nephew.

One night after dinner nephew is in the living room area. They hear him giggling then he starts saying "Hi" he don't talk much at all. Sister inlaw goes in the room. He is staring at a recliner laughing and pointing and saying "Hi" over and over. For some reason sister in law started asking him who he sees. Asks him if he sees Papa. He gets all excited and starts pointing at the chair and laughing and again saying "Hi". Now he was six months old when my Dad passed and that was the only person that was called Papa around him ever. He never seen my dad at the cabin or in that chair.

Made the hair on the back of my neck stand up hearing this.
Mobuck
Hawkeye

Re: Ghosts Spirits Whatever You Call Them......Real???

Post by Mobuck »

Lots of 'stuff' we don't understand going on in the world(s) around us. I discover lots of 'misplaced' items. Things I laid down only a short time before aren't where I left them-I blame that on old age but it has been happening for decades. Other more private things I'd never repeat in public happen now and then.
A word of warning: If you're one of those who have these incidents, DO NOT scoff at those tiny warnings that we sometimes get. That prickly sensation or the hint of a long lost hand on the shoulder is not to be ignored.
Mobuck
bobski
Hunter

Post by bobski »

past humans?
no.
period.

but, is there a spirit world out there set on deceiving and tormenting you on earth?
yes; and, there are angelic beings ordered to protect you.
so there are a lot of things floating around in a spirit world.

let me quote you from the book.....

'if you believe in G-d, you do well.
the (demons-spirits floating around) also believe, and they tremble.'
james 2-19

hope it helps.
gasbag
Buckeye

Post by gasbag »

"The Twilight Zone" was a documentary.
The Average American Now Complains More In A Week Than
People Living Through The Black Plague Did Their Entire Lives
Dave P.
Buckeye

Post by Dave P. »

Spirits, ghosts, demons, gods, heaven, hell....I don't believe in any of it.
Figments of mankind's fertile imagination.
You live....then you die. Period, lights out, game over....enjoy it while you can.
Dave
Acorn
Hunter

Post by Acorn »

I have niece that would tell my sister stories about the 2 little boys that lived in the basement of her house.
When she was out in their back yard she also would say that she didn’t like that man up on the roof. My sister would look back and of course no one was there, but my niece said he keeps trying to get her to go with him.
Jan. 20 2017, It's morning in America!
blume357
Hawkeye

Post by blume357 »

Spent the summer many years ago helping work on a big old colonial house that was going to be part of a private school .. a friend of the owner had done a pencil drawing of the house and framed it and sent it as a present to the guy and he hung it on the wall at the bottom of the stairs. In my opinion is was not a very good drawing.... Every morning the picture had fallen off the wall and was laying on the floor. One night we were in the dinning room just off the hall way with the stairs and the story of the lady who had years before lived and died in the house and was 'known' to do strange things still was discussed... someone said something funny about it and everyone at the table started laughing.... the dern picture flew off the wall and across the hall way and the glass shattered and the frame broke. Needless to say, the picture did not go back up and I for one firmly believe there are things in this world we just don't have the capacity to explain.
Blume
CSIA #599 DCS

"Don't ever think the reason I'm peaceful
is because I don't know how to be violent."

"I'd rather Die while I'm Living than live while I'm Dead"... Jimmy Buffet
RonT
Hunter

Post by RonT »

There is no such thing as spirits of the dead floating around, when you are dead you are dead. You will rise from the dead on Judgment Day and you will be judged according to your deeds, both good and bad.
However, there are demons in the spirit world that will tempt you and torment you if you do not follow them. They know that belief and the attempt to communicate with the dead is an abomination to God.
Satan is the Great Deceiver, the Master of illusions, and the Father of Lies. He cannot create anything and the only power he has is the power you allow him to have. He knows he will loose in the end and wants to take as many souls with him as possible. There are also angels in the spirit world and there is a constant battle between good and evil. You do have free will and can do good or do evil and you are also a part of this battle.
Don't cry out to God to confront evil...that's why he sent YOU here.

Want to live a content life? "Fear God and keep His commandments"- King Solomon

"Resentment is like drinking poison and waiting for the other person to die" - St. Augustine

Even one-celled animals have a unique DNA code. So who did the coding?

US Army Vietnam 1966-68
Johnnu2
Buckeye

Post by Johnnu2 »

SURE... why not....

Really have no idea but it IS a fun subject.

J.
Watchman
Hunter

Post by Watchman »

Yes.
Watchman

#Iwillnotcomplyfu

They want to "have a conversation". I want to grease the guillotine.

If you don't turn in your guns, they can't make you ride in the cattle cars.
Kevin
Hawkeye

Post by Kevin »

We believe our grandparents are watching over us. Not all the time, but they do check in occasionally. Too many strange coincidences to not believe in such things.

In Bulgaria, if you spill a glass of wine it's because your grandpa or uncle or whomever wanted a drink. So there is a whole country of people believing in spirits of dead relatives etc.
Jimbo357mag
Hawkeye

Post by Jimbo357mag »

Sometimes I think I have ESP, like when I turned on the TV yesterday and saw a replay of the Bucks vs Cowboys game and caught the last 4 minutes that I had missed when I fell asleep the night before. BTW the Bucks with Brady won with a field goal in the last 7 seconds of the game. I was really pulling for the Cowboys. :evil:

Spirits/ghosts.... No, I don't think so, but our conscious and subconscious mind can play tricks on us. Just think about dreams.
Last edited by Jimbo357mag on Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?"

The Shadow knows!
Jeepnik
Hawkeye

Post by Jeepnik »

I’ve never experienced any sort of paranormal event with one type if exception. Several times I’ve had my body go on full alert without any obvious sign of danger. It’s always taken the “hairs on the back of the standing up” route. Of course there are other signs that come along with that. Such as the “someone walking on your grave shiver”.

Now science explains this by saying you likely sensed something unconsciously. I had a much loved teacher that explained it this way. Two early humans are bent over drinking at a spring. One senses something and is fully alert. The sabertoothed tiger leaps. The one alerted escapes. The other becomes a meal for the cat. The one that escapes gets to breed. In other words, it’s part of natural selection.

It was my uncle that taught me to pay attention to such things. On a significant number of those occasions it was wise to do so.
Jeepnik "AKA Old Eyes"
"Every man should have at least one good rifle, and know how to use it." Dad
"Go low, go slow, and preferably in the dark." The old Sarge (he was like 25)
The man who says a thing can't be done is usually interrupted by the man who is doing it.
"Freedom is never more than a generation from extinction." Ronald Reagan
Paul B
Hunter

Post by Paul B »

Dave P. wrote:Spirits, ghosts, demons, gods, heaven, hell....I don't believe in any of it.
Figments of mankind's fertile imagination.
You live....then you die. Period, lights out, game over....enjoy it while you can.
Dave

But, what if you a wrong? The consequences could be grave depending on which lessons you were taught. The main problem is you have to die to find out. I choose to believe. Think about that for a while.
Paul B.
tunnug
Single-Sixer

Post by tunnug »

My dads house was built in 1920, he bought it in '68, there has always been strange happenings there, we had the typical large family parties for the holidays where everyone from out of town spends the night where ever they could to return home the next day.
Anyone who spent the night at my dads house would have something happen to them, nothing serious, just enough to scare them good, to the point that after a few years no one would spend the night anymore, a lot of them were intelligent professionals and not superstitious but would be certain about whatever it was that scared them, my mom still lives there with a couple of brothers, relatives will visit but refuse to spend the night to this day.
"People in Arizona carry guns," said Detective David Ramer, a Chandler police spokesman. You better be careful about who you are picking on...