RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:07 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Gunbroker rant
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:28 pm 
Buckeye

What the heck is wrong with Gunbroker?

They have so many extraneous categories, that their site’s “Search” function is becoming user-unfriendly, to the point of being virtually useless.

Here is the text of a rant that I just sent them, on their website:
—-
PLEASE clean out some of your extraneous categories! It makes your Search function virtually impossible to use. There is NO REASON to have separate categories for guns manufactured by “Ruger” AND “Sturm, Ruger, & Co.” They’re the same thing- pick one or the other! You have guns listed as “Single Six” and “Single-Six.” This is STUPID! As a Ruger aficionado, I know that it should be “Single-Six,” but why add a category for the (imaginary or mis-named) “Single Six?” Same thing with the “Finish” options. I see stainless revolvers offered in “Brushed Stainless,” “Engraved Satin Stainless,” “High Gloss Stainless,” “High Polished Stainless,” “High-Gloss Stainless,” “Matte Stainless,” “Matte Stainless Engraved,” “Mirror Polished Stainless,” “Polished Stainless,” “Satin Stainless,” “Stainless,” and Stainless Steel.” That’s TWELVE DIFFERENT categories for stainless steel. How about three categories of stainless- Brushed, Matte, and Polished? I challenge your experts to explain the difference between “High Gloss Stainless,” “High Polished Stainless,” “High-Gloss Stainless,” “Mirror Polished Stainless,” and “Polished Stainless” to me! Read this again- you list “High Gloss Stainless,” AND “High-Gloss Stainless.” WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE? THIS IS ASININE! Your website has become virtually unusable!
—-
The multiple categories wouldn’t quite as bad if they were correctly categorized, but having multiple (incorrectly/inaccurately-named) categories for virtually the same thing is frustrating.

There, I feel better, now… :P

As my father in law likes to say, “If they don’t know… SOMEbody has to tell them!” :mrgreen:

Post subject: Re: Gunbroker rant
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:53 pm 
Hawkeye

Pickie, pickie, pickie. :wink:
My bet is they enjoy being able to say they have ninty-eleven-teen categories. :roll:

After all, this IS the time where snowflakes try to run in asylum. :shock:

Understand completely. :D

~ The only time success comes before work, is in the dictionary.
~ Don't handicap your children by making things too easy.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:27 pm 
Hawkeye

Some time back, I was looking for a specific item and used the exact description, complete with hyphen. Got nearly nothing. Went back a couple days later and left out the hyphen--got a whole string of possible choices. Use correct spelling and punctuation and get nuttin' but fumble finger the keys and there it is. As for the numerous descriptions of stainless steel, that's just seller hype trying to make their item seem "SPEICAL".

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:41 pm 
Buckeye

Pat-inCO wrote:
Pickie, pickie, pickie. :wink:
My bet is they enjoy being able to say they have ninty-eleven-teen categories. :roll:

After all, this IS the time where snowflakes try to run in asylum. :shock:

Understand completely. :D

I believe it should be “picky.” :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I’ll bet that you’re onto something with your “ninty-eleven-teen categories” theory.

The robot that answers Gunbroker’s email responded, without actually addressing any of my concerns. I requested that they have a HUMAN read my submission, then respond afterward.

I’m eagerly awaiting my official Curmudgeon ID, which should be arriving in the mail shortly… :twisted:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:07 pm 
Buckeye

GB searches can be tricky, but the filters can really help if you use them correctly.

Spent an hour on Guns International today, & if they had just a few more filters or categories, my time could have been cut by half at least..

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:19 pm 
Buckeye

I could add these to your rant

that they are now charging sale tax on items in most states and making the seller collect said tax , and the newest is this

>>>>> On 7/26/2021 GunBroker.com will be assessing a compliance fee. The fee will be assessed on the purchase price of the item only and will be added to the order total paid by the buyer. The compliance fee will be collected by the seller and remitted to GunBroker.com through the seller fee ledger. The fee will appear as a separate line item on the seller statement.<<<<<<

looks like this is going to be about 1% of the final price

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:12 pm 
Blackhawk

GunBroker was recently sold. It now has new owners that haven't found the reply button to answer e-mails in the customer service section.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:20 pm 
Single-Sixer

higher cost to buy, reminds me that it better be something i cant buy at local level. original bid plus tax plus shipping plus ffl fee plus now compliance fee- make sure of math and now compare to local shop price and i bet i look at forum and guns international way more often. just saying

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:16 am 
Bearcat

Yeah I just got hit with that compliance fee which I never did before. I bought two guns over the weekend. Now I’m trying to figure out their payment system so I can list my Ruger but they’re insane.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:45 am 
Hunter

who bought gb?

https://vanzantclaypigeonfarm.webs.com/
https://606f79f3c2431.site123.me/
https://www.claytargetsonline.com/locat ... geon-farm/

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:56 am 
Buckeye

I don't remember the name but it was talked about on GB last spring when it happened , some big money group purchased them for something like 38 million

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:13 am 
Hawkeye

As far as sales tax goes it is not a Gunbroker thing but rather a requirement. Ten states now require online sales tax collection for out-of-state sellers are Alabama, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, North Dakota, Washington and Wisconsin. Mississippi started on Sept. 1; South Dakota, North Carolina, New Jersey and South Carolina 1Nov 2018

Ruger Owners & Collectors Society
Maryland Shall Issue

No matter what life throws at you, NEVER ring the bell.

In life it doesn't matter how many times you fall, what matters is how many times you get back up.

“The measure of intelligence is the ability to change.” Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:57 am 
Hunter

bring back a working classic.......'the gun list' on paper!

https://vanzantclaypigeonfarm.webs.com/
https://606f79f3c2431.site123.me/
https://www.claytargetsonline.com/locat ... geon-farm/

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:22 am 
Hunter

I’ve never been impressed with their search engine. Standard search methods don’t work. Say what you want about fleabay but their search is awesome.