RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:59 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:29 pm 
Hawkeye

My current is from the NRA store. I'm not to impressed. The fabric divider in the bill compartment is shredding. I'm not sure why any idiot thinks you need such a thing in a wallet. Unless maybe they can't figure out how to arrange bills without someone holding their hand.

I'm thinking about cutting the divider out with a razor blade jus so the darned fabric strings are constantly shedding.

The man who says a thing can't be done is usually interrupted by the man who is doing it.
"Freedom is never more than a generation from extinction." Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:19 pm 
Buckeye

I just discovered another interesting wallet design in a "This Old House" magazine ad, while waiting in my Dr.'s office. Bison or Moose.
https://www.rogue-industries.com/

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:47 pm 
Hawkeye

steveodtw wrote:
I just discovered another interesting wallet design in a "This Old House" magazine ad, while waiting in my Dr.'s office. Bison or Moose.
https://www.rogue-industries.com/

Never work for me. Decades of carrying my wallet in my left rear pocket has left a permanent divot. If I move the wallet I'll sit uneven and that'd be disconcerting.

The man who says a thing can't be done is usually interrupted by the man who is doing it.
"Freedom is never more than a generation from extinction." Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:18 pm 
Hawkeye

I wouldn't recommend the wallet I bought and linked to on page 2. It's an extremely well made, but I don't know how long it takes to actually be able to stuff bills into it because it's so tight. Yesterday evening at the grocery store I got 2 bills in change and they still wouldn't go back in. People were waiting so I crumbled them and jammed them in.

Now the wallet looks like this. Those are folded small pieces of tablet paper folded in half and crammed into both ends to stretch it out. If it doesn't work I'll go back to my old Fossil and consider it a $100 mistake. You shouldn't have to break in a wallet for it to actually contain paper money.

In the pic you can see where the paper $ is. I don't think many places would take the white paper unless I drew denominations on them for the Millennial's :)

www.GeorgiaCarry.org

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:46 am 
Blackhawk

I have used a stingray (outer shell) wallet for the last 20 years, still looks brand new. I bought a Hugo Leather wallet, still in original box, never used, when I got the stingray. (Selling it on craigslist).

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience." Julius Caesar

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:30 pm 
Buckeye

American Bison Thinfold from Orvis. A little pricey; but I talked myself into it a few years ago as a bday present to myself. Easily the best wallet I have ever owned. Definitely worth it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:36 pm 
Blackhawk

SamV wrote:
Really, I consider my kids as gifts from God and nothing could be better.

I think God gives us kids so that dying doesn't come as such a big disappointment. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:21 am 
Hawkeye

No suggestions beyond the kangaroo leather wallet that I've carried for over ten years and still looks like new.

Chiropractor says any wallet thicker than your pinky finger deserves to be left at home. !?!

PC = Political Submission

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:25 pm 
Blackhawk

Have a ray skin (outer surface) wallet that is 20+ years old. I suspect that I’ll die with the same wallet.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience." Julius Caesar

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:10 pm 
Hunter

Several years ago I bought a bi fold elephant hide wallet from a guy on the Accurate Reloading forum and it is the best and toughest wallet I have ever owned. Not cheap but worth every penny. I also switched to wearing my wallet in one of my front pockets, at the suggestion of my buddy the chiropractor, and I do not have back problems any longer.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:29 pm 
Hawkeye

I got one of these:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07938PJ91/ref=dp_iou_view_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1
about six years ago and it is still going strong.

~ The only time success comes before work, is in the dictionary.
~ Don't handicap your children by making things too easy.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:11 am 
Hawkeye

A lot of good information here. I have an NRA bison leather billfold that is around 10 yrs old. No issues. It has a removable ID section, that is great when I don’t need the whole wallet. Like when I am hiking or kayaking. What Robb said about back pain is true. I carry my wallet in a side pocket since 2005, and substantially reduced my back problems.
gramps