Boise Show

Help Support Ruger Forum:

flatgate

Hawkeye
I got a quick preview this evening and will not hesitate to say "there are some incredibly attractive displays that contain a very broad spectrum of Collectible Ruger Material, i.e firearms and accouterments."

Or, to put it bluntly.... :shock:

I'm sure Images will show up soon.

flatgate

OldRugerMan

Blackhawk
Preliminary setup day photos are here :!: More to come..... More pics.....
Now with names...

SN 720-00019 22 Hornet with ALL the Ruger Girl/Kelly Posters - Susan Green
2010_01080003.jpg

Engraved Vaqueros - Hank Green
2010_01080004.jpg

10" Flat Tops with Boxes - Gary West
2010_01080005.jpg

Nice Display of Rugers
2010_01080006.jpg

Memorabilia - I think Shawn Lee has it ALL!
2010_01080007.jpg

Did you know there were that many different magazines for the Mini-14? - Some are super Rare - Randy Graham
2010_01080008.jpg

Ruger Holsters Left and Right - Randy Graham
2010_01080009.jpg

Consecutive numbered Engraved Single Sixes - Greg Harp
2010_01080010.jpg

2010_01080011.jpg

2010_01080012.jpg

Steve Adamson and his multi- award winning display of 50 Years of Super Blackhawks
DSCF2786.jpg

DSCF2729.jpg

DSCF2730.jpg

DSCF2733.jpg

John Amber serial number 9's
DSCF2734.jpg

Terry Tawny with Double Actions incl. an RCMP
DSCF2774.jpg

DSCF2736.jpg

DSCF2737.jpg

DSCF2741.jpg

BlkHawk73

Hunter
VERY nice! How bout some more of the memorabilia display. Seems that's the direction I find myself heading. Adding more "stuff' than firearms.

contender

Ruger Guru
EXCELLENT!!!!!
I have to side with WMG here,, I've always admired that old ad,, & wished I could "duplicate" it witht he real stuff.
Next,, Shawn's memorbilia would be one I'd be taking pics of,, studying,, & drooling over as i'd be looking to see what items I may be missing for my collection.
The Practical Holsters display,, I have to say is something else that would make me study,, enjoy & wish over. It's one of those odd things that Bill had done,,, with a friend,,,, and while a few versions didn't sell well,,, they have enjoyed a steady collector following. I'd love to have an example of every model offered,, AND the gun to fit them. heck,, I think the guns are easier to come by usually.
And the Kelly poster display,, of minitatures of all her posters,, is way cool as I have a soft spot for her work in my heart. When I see her next week,, I'll tell her about this if she hasn't seen it by then.
Then the 10" Flattops,, of which I don't even own 1,, much less 4,, WITH boxes,,, or the elusive, (eerrr expensive,,,) RSSE's are another gun out of my price range,, but wonderful to see anyway,,, are always something to wish for.

But,, I noticed that the general appearance of all the displays is very professional, sharp looking. It shows a lot of pride in the efforts of all the displayers. (Not to mention the $$ spent on building those displays.)
That said,, I hope that anyone who is thinking of doing a display for the 1st time,, will NOT think they have to have such elaborate details & expense to put on a display AND enjoy doing it. I'll be the first one to say I'm a cheap ******* when it comes to building a display,, preferring to do as much of the work myself as I can,, w/o much expense. (I spend my $$ on my guns.) So,, when I see the custom signs,,, the fancy lockable cases,, the elaborate time consuming artwork put into these displays,, I FULLY applaud the owners & their displays,, but I also hope it doesn't make others feel that they can't build a display & enjoy the fun & not break their bank account in doing so.
Displaying is FIRST & FOREMOST,,,,,,,,,FUN,,,,,,,,!!!!!!!!!
I have done it enough to know it can be a bit intimidating to new folks,, and even give a person a feeling that their stuff isn't "good enough." Oh,, how wrong they are. My first display many,,, many years ago,, had no title, theme,, etc. It was just a table full of stuff I had pride in.
Several of the "old timers" were kind enough to talk to me,, give me gentle advice,, (they were very kind & gentle,) and made positive comments enough to make me feel like I was part of the crowd. That was the same year that Roger Dorsett's lifesized display of ads /w guns won 1st place at the NRA convention etc. His huge dispaly was stunning to a poor country boy like me. Yet,, Roger was one of the ones who took the time to talk to me & share some ideas. As the years have progressed,, I've "improved" my display's & my skills at building them,, but no matter what,, I have FUN!!!!!!
So,, that said,, once again,,,

EXCELLENT DISPLAYS to ALL of them!

flatgate

Hawkeye
contender":3cdok34d said:
Hey,, we are missing at least 1 display pic,,,,! Where is the one to the left of Shawn's display of memorbilia?

It's too big to show up on a computer screen....... :D

flatgate

chutch

Bearcat
The displays were awesome! I want to say thanks to everyone that helped bring all of this cool Ruger History to our little corner of the world.

single action

Single-Sixer
looks great, love the professionalism of the displays takes a lot of pride and time to bring those displays together. Maybe we could organize one of those shows in the Salt Lake City area. thanks single action

flatgate

Hawkeye
single action":1qntcpdx said:
Maybe we could organize one of those shows in the Salt Lake City area.

Steve Ruger's 50th Anniv. of the Super Blackhawk display won "Best of Show" in Ogden last fall!

I'll snap a few pics of the Boise displays in the morning. I've a 5-1/2 hr. drive home and may or may not get them posted.

So far the Displays have completely "wowed" the attendees. Really, really nice reception.

:D

flatgate

Just got back from Boise. WAYNO and I were extremely impressed with the displays, AND the displayers. What a great bunch of guys! I was finally able to put faces with names. We had dinner with the guys and want to thank them for inviting us for presentation of the awards. We will have to put something together for next year!

Dave :wink:

flatgate

Hawkeye
Sorry about the image quality. I had trouble with the lighting over TerryT's very nice Ruger "Sixes".

TerrysDA2.jpg

TerrysDA1.jpg

He received the RCA's "Best of Show" award due to his collection's rarity and also due to the fact that the Double Action guys just don't get their share of attention!

flatgate

Latest posts