Count Down 4-3-2-1

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Jeff Quinn

Single-Sixer
Leucoandro":4b5oshwv said:
Polymer Framed Single Action Revolver :)

It's not just a polymer frame, but the ejector rod has a built-in laser module, with the battery under the right grip panel. The laser is activated when the hammer is cocked, just as it passes the half-cock notch, and the laser goes off when the hammer drops, greatly saving on the battery life. It uses a proprietary direct-metal contact, so there are no wires showing. Production is scheduled for second quarter 2010, but there are about 20 pre-production models floating around. I really do not care for the Realtree camo finish on the polymer components, but a fake case-hardened look will be offered later, and the finish does go pretty well wth the titanium cylinder, which is offered only on the .45 Colt model. The .357, .44 magnums will have a blued steel cylinder, with stainless offered next year. The model with the birdshead grip has a built-in lanyard loop at the heel of the polymer pistol grip. No Bisley model is planned at this time. I know that traditionalists will cringe, but let's give the plastic Blackhawk II a chance.

Jeff Quinn

Single-Sixer
What really pi$$es me off, is that Ruger had to submit one for approval to be NY compliant, and Chuck Schumer got wind of the "plastic" revolver, and has already started proceedings to ban "plastic revolvers", just as they did when Glock introduced their polymer-framed pistol years ago. Back then, even though the HK VP70 had been around for awhile with its plastic frame, idiots were hollering about the plastic Glock being able to evade a metal detector. Same thing with the BH II. They do not even acknowledge that a metal detector can detect a single cartridge, let alone the fact that the BH II has a steel inner-barrel and other components! ONLY the frame, grip frame (which are integral in this design), barrel shroud, and the trigger are polymer.

The sixgun really looks pretty cool, but I am contractually forbidden to show a picture until January 4th.

One small criticism: I think that the laser module would have been better placed in the base pin for stability, but it does work well in the ejector rod. The rod is a bit stiffer to work than on a standard Blackhawk, and the ejector stroke is shortened 1/8 inch on the BH II, but it still does its job well. Everybody wants lasers on their guns these days, and Ruger could have just put a section of Picatinny rail on the barrel shroud, but for aesthetic reasons, the module in the ejector looks much better.

REP1954

Blackhawk
I might have gone along with a scandium,titainium,stainless single action but plastic is not cool for a revolver, unless it's a gun that shoots foam rubber balls. I wonder has Ruger already started the recall on these yet even before releasing them for sales. Just my opinion, if you like it then you should own one.

pbslinger

Single-Sixer
The holster/belt setup reminds me of one for capguns. There is just something wrong with Kydex western-style SA holsters. And a plastic belt too?

maxpress

Buckeye
I am still waiting for a five shot .44/.45 (not taurus) kinda like a gp100 3" fixed sight configuration. light packing and hard hitting.

Rclark

Hunter
Polymer Grip SA....I believe that's one that I will walk away from.
Ditto..... No interest. An SA with a laser... No thanks. But this does bring up an idea.... Might have to get a cheap laser 'pointer' and rubber band it on one of my SAs just to see how much the gun 'wiggles' at a 25 yard target. :) .

heck, even my old Mattel Shootin Shell 38 was built better than that.......gosh, wish I still had all them 'greenie stickum caps to go with it,the L 'L Ruger Dude could have a {"BLAST"} :roll:

Happy new Year ....................stay safe, if you shoot the New Year in, use 'blanks'........ :wink:

alienbogey

Bearcat
There's no Picatinny rail? Please tell me it isn't so!!!! An internal laser on the BHII is a great innovation, but where will I hang my tactical flashlight and pistol bayonet without a rail?

If that's true Ruger blew it for me; and here I was ready to sell my four OM Blackhawks for the 21st century model...... ;)

revhigh

Hawkeye
I heard they were making special bullets for that gun that after they were fired, turned into little flashlights that would shine out of the cylinder on the side. Kind of a tacticool cowboy gun ... hope it's true !

Also, four sided accessory rails for mounting all kinds of other tacticool stuff.

REV

Rclark

Hunter
While we are at it .... add a slot for a cross bow setup on top rail. That way you have a backup when your bullets are gone......