Upland and Waterfowl 28 Gauges!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bought my first 28ga in February if I remember correctly. Since then I've fallen in love with the gauge! O/Us will be primarily for upland bird hunting and the semi-auto for waterfowl.

These are my 3 so far! Many many more to come!

Benelli SBE3
Franchi Instinct SL
Ruger Red Label*

*Purchased with a Brand New Set of Briley Original Ruger Red Label 410 Bore 28" Tubes!

Attachments

• IMG_5518.jpeg
    IMG_5518.jpeg
    170.6 KB · Views: 60
The 28 used to be a 'skeet only' gauge but not anymore. I noticed several options for unleaded waterfowl loads in an ad a while back. Would't want to run those through my thin wall barreled SxS guns.
Years ago when I had a consistent wage, I decided I wanted a 'matched set' of Sxs double barrel shotguns. I failed to acquire a 16 ga but don't miss that anyway. I used the 28 & 20 gauge guns for pheasant and quail a bit w/o any noticeable difference. The 28 is super nice toward the end of the day when arms/legs are getting tired.

JB in SC

Bearcat
I really enjoyed my 28 gauge Red Label, used it primarily for quail and dove. The scaled frame was nice; the zero cast was perfect for a lefty.

I sold it about 20 years ago when I stopped hunting, I have some good memories from those days.