Two Smith N Frame Snubbies

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I have looked repeatedly at that nice Smith 24-3 in the classified - very nice revolver and nice photos. So I pulled two of my favorite Smith snubbies out to rub them down, fondle and take a couple of photos:

Bottom one is my 24-3 44 Spl - absolutely one of my favorite double action revolvers.

Top one is a customized 25-2 45 ACP. Barrel shortened a bit and finished with a very nice rust blue. Also one of my favorites. Hope you enjoy.

ncrobb

Single-Sixer
Very nice. I sorely miss my Lew Horton's 24-3. I "lost" it in a trade for a TLA. I figured it would be easier to find another S&W than to pass on the deal for the Improved Number 5. So, the snubbie 24 is back on my list to acquire.

Robb

The 25-2 turned out really nice. A local 'smith did the work for me to my specs. Started with a gun that had some finish issues but excellent mechanically which I got cheap. For those who have shot a 25-2, you know how well they shoot. This one with the short barrel is also a shooter, and with the moon clipped 45acp rounds it is quite handy.

I don't recall the total cost - biggest cost was the rust blue - it seems like an hour and a half or so shop time to chop the barrel, crown and figure out the front sight. The gun was excellent mechanically so it didn't need any further work, and they were put together as target revolvers so (in my experience) they shoot great in stock configuration. And for me it wasn't easy finding a model 25-2 in the right condition and price where I was willing to modify it. I inherited a 25-2 NIB from my father (that one is still in very nice condition, but not NIB any longer as I do shoot it) and like all the other Smith's I've owned I realize now I should have accumulated more of them when they were more affordable!