SOLD Super Blackhawk Bisley .44 Magnum 7 1/2" Barrel (LIKELY UNFIRED) possible price reduction

Help Support Ruger Forum:

FOR SALE

Ruger Super Blackhawk Bisley
.44 Magnum
7 1/2" barrel
Bright blue
Serial #85-684xx (1987)
Ruger wood grips
Excellent condition - LIKELY UNFIRED
Adjustable sights
Free spin pawl
Model 00831
Catalog #RB-44W
Out of production
Box & papers
$900 shipped to your FFL ( $600 if you promise to post honest feedback about this transaction on this thread.)
Best offers will be considered
Local (NE TN) pickup may be arranged

All information is believed to be correct, any errors are unintended.

Attachments

• IMG_8421.JPG
    IMG_8421.JPG
    258.5 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_8422.JPG
    IMG_8422.JPG
    356.4 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_8423.JPG
    IMG_8423.JPG
    355.1 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_8424.JPG
    IMG_8424.JPG
    364.4 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:

KMK-678GC

Single-Sixer
What makes these limited number produced "Dealer Exclusive" over the typical bisley? They are NIB but have a free spin pawl installed? Maybe thats the dealer excludive part?

Thanks

Last edited:
Good question.

"Dealer exclusive" means that a dealer (Talo, Lipsey, RSR Group, etc.) has ordered a relatively small run, usually not more than several hundred, of firearms in a special configuration not found in Ruger's regular offerings. For example, if one goes to Ruger's current listings and sees "Limited Availability", it usually means that that model is available only through a special dealer. If one does a serial number lookup, it will often indicate which dealer ordered that model.

KMK-678GC

Single-Sixer
Having more than a few Distributor Exclusive models myself, I am aware of that aspect of Ruger collecting. My question is, possibly poorly worded previously, what makes these examples a Distributor Exclusive? They appear to be standard Bisley's with nothing distinctive from others sold all over. I don't recall seeing anything in RENE on unique Bisleys until the stainless 5.5" variations came out years later.

Don't mean to hijack your sales thread, but the description is intriguing.

Thanks

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
Yeah, I don't know of any dealer/distributor editions of the 1980's blue Bisley Blackhawk models. There was a distributor edition of the Bisley .22 cal Single Six that had a stainless grip frame (RB-22WS). And there were some .32 cal Bisley Single Sixes modified by/for the RCA with stag grips. On this one, the free-spin pawl and painted front sight suggest owner modifications.

I agree with previous comments. Not trying to be an A-hole…but the front sight appears to have been "painted"…? Fingernail polish?
Not a standard front sight factory "visibility"enhancement"?
There's also a faint turn line on the cylinder, which indicates that this gun has signs of being fired more than the "couple"…"few"…no more than a cylinder full, of test rounds…?
The worn blueing on the cylinder face…looks like scratched from the cylinder making contact with the frame while turning…I would hope it did not leave the factory that way…
Regarding the free spin pawl and painted front site, personally I would confirm with either Ruger directly…but the distributor will probably be more helpful. Dealers in my opinion aren't always…in fact seldom…knowledgeable in the various special Ruger Authorized Distributor nuances.

A nice looking piece and good luck with the sale.

👍🇺🇸
JD

The front sight does have what looks like fingernail polish. I did not wish to remove it.

The gun has not been fired. I did not state whether the cylinder may or may not have been turned.

I have no information about the free spin pawl. However, it is probably an after market modification.

It is not my intention to advertise this gun as an untouched collectors' item. It is a nice piece from 1987 with a currently hard-to-find barrel length.

Thank you everyone for the comments.

Last edited:

KMK-678GC

Single-Sixer
Both nice examples, the 41 being a bit tougher to find than the 44. The 7.5" barrel was pretty standard for the Bisley for many years, at least the large caliber variations.

I think the moral of the story is some dealers will say a lot of things, some out of ignorance, some just trying to make a sale.

When describing condition and uniqueness its best to research it yourself and know for sure. You will notice many sellers list "like new" and "possibly" unfired, but unless you bought it new and know it was never fired its tough to state unfired. Delicate care and diligent cleaning can leave low round count looking unfired.

Both are great examples and it appears well cared for. It would be tough to part with either if they were mine.

GLWS!

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
Yes, 7.5" was the only barrel length for the blue Blackhawk Bisleys from the 1980's and early 90's. The blue Single Sixes of that era were 6.5".

The somewhat less common variant is the one with the fluted cylinder. The "W" in the catalog number refers to the unfluted cylinder with the rollmarked Bisley scene which became the standard.

Cholo

Staff member
S Jackson42, I deleted posts that had legitimate concerns about your sale because you addressed them. Now you've deleted your replies. You couldn't delete weaselmeatgravy's posts, nor mine, because we're both moderators. I can undelete all of the posts, but it sure wouldn't look good.

That was not cool whatsoever, so I'll say this:

Buyer beware with this sale!

S Jackson42, I deleted posts that had legitimate concerns about your sale because you addressed them. Now you've deleted your replies. You couldn't delete weaselmeatgravy's posts, nor mine, because we're both moderators. I can undelete all of the posts, but it sure wouldn't look good.

That was not cool whatsoever, so I'll say this:

Buyer beware with this sale!
My sincere apologies! I had no idea that that was going to be a problem. I saw that other posts were deleted and my goal was to also clean up the thread. I also did not note that weaslmeatgravy was a moderator. Sorry. I made an honest mistake. Please note that there have been no issues nor problems with the other items that have been previously sold.

Please undelete the posts. This is a simple misunderstanding and I have nothing to hide. Thank you.

Last edited:
All posts have been undeleted.
Thank you Cholo.

Since my for sale posting for this item has been questioned, I offer the following deal. I will sell the Ruger to the first person who offers to buy it for $600 and promises to post honest feedback on this thread about the transaction. All of my previous customers have been highly satisfied. Feel free to ask them.

Last edited:
Bisley came in today. Steve is great. He may have deleted a few posts, but in my opinion guys shouldnt derail a seller over little things. A buyer should always research their purchases, model #s, etc. There are so many dealer exclusives its hard to keep track of. Steve has an excellent collection that is well cared for. Any ruger person should be happy owning. I will buy from Steve again if the opportunity arises. Thank you.

Last edited:
Bisley came in today. Steve is great. He may have deleted a few posts, but in my opinion guys shouldnt derail a seller over little things. A buyer should always research their purchases, model #s, etc. There are so many dealer exclusives its hard to keep track of. Steve has an excellent collection that is well cared for. Any ruger person should be happy owning. I will buy from Steve again if the opportunity arises. Thank you.
Thank you! I'm glad that you're pleased with your purchase.

Latest posts