Speed Six prices

Help Support Ruger Forum:

stonebuster

Single-Sixer
There's a nice 2 3/4" stainless Speed Six 357 on GB now with 14 bids and up to $905 so far plus $40 shipping. Non matching box included. Pre pandemic they were running @$500-600 when I bought two. I love my Speed Sixes but $1000 OTD is crazy IMO

protoolman

Service-Sixer
Yup, good thing you got two. Now stop collecting them and go shoot them as Bill intended. I got two service six snubs for super low money. One for me and one for my son. He's got one snub and a 4" too. I'd hate to pay stupid money for them like that! I paid less than $900 for all 3 combined!

hittman

Staff member
There's one in blue for sale here at $700 with box.
To me, Gunbroker and regional auctions are the place for smart SELLERS, not savvy consumers.

A couple years back, I bought HERE a super nice snubby Service Six in stainless. Paid a price fair to us both. Some months later, the seller found the original box and offered it to me also at a reasonable price so I paid up and matched them up again. Doubt you'd find that sort of service or thoughtfulness elsewhere.

Stantheman1986

Single-Sixer
I just won an old Taurus 80 by accident for $180 😆

$800-1000 for a Speed Six is crazy

You can get a snubby GP100 for about $700 NIB

Stantheman1986

Single-Sixer
I guess somebody wanted it badly. Finished auction at $980 + $40 shipping + tax + transfer.Probably near $1100 OTD.
As much as I love Ruger, there's no way I'd pay old S&W money for a 1970s-80s Speed Six , but I'm also not a collector of high condition Rugers. I bought all my various Sixes to shoot.

Especially when the 2.0 version is still in production for a little more than half of that, a 3" fixed sight stainless GP100 is , as we all know, basically a Speed Six with engineering tweaks and an "L" sized frame. I could see those prices if Ruger had stopped making revolvers.