Single six .32 Bisley production numbers.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

medicdave

Blackhawk
Does anyone have the production numbers for the .32 Bisley single six models? My brother just got a RB32W as a project gun and I believe it's a rather scarce version. Looks very clean, but no box and papers with it.

medicdave

Blackhawk
Thanks for the advise WIL TERRY, but unfortunately the serial number history shows all .32 single sixes with no differentiation between different models. As a project gun destined for custom work it may be better to talk him into swapping it for a more common variation if it is a scarce or rare gun. If not no harm no foul on modifying it.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
I've never found any production #s by model, but here is what I do know:

Bisleys intro'd in 1985, and with a few clean out guns, thru as late as 2007.
Standard 32s started in 1984 and went thru 2003 in significant #s and thru 2009 with very little production.

All Bisley barrels 6 ½" or 9 ½":

RB-32 = Fluted cylinder and drift-adj-for-windage-only rear sight - most common
RB-32A = Fluted cylinder and Adjustable rear sight – RARE (one made with extremely rare 5 1/2")
RB-32W = With Engraved cyl and drift-adj-for-windage-only rear sight - RARE
RB-32AW = With Engraved cyl and Adjustable rear sight - most common
RB-32AW = With arrow stamp in error on bottom of cyl frame forward of trigger guard, Engraved cyl, and Adjustable rear sight - EXTREMELY RARE

medicdave

Blackhawk
Thanks Jim, I'll see if I can get him to swap it for a fluted cylinder drift adjustable and save the roll marked cylinder gun for someone else.