SA-35

Help Support Ruger Forum:

gunman42782

Hunter
Well, I just can't seem to help myself. Needed this like a hole in the head, but I just couldn't resist. Feels better in my hand than any full size semi auto I have ever shot.
SA high power.jpg

MIshooter

Single-Sixer
I bought one as well. So far accurate and reliable. Even though a double stack, feels narrower than my 1911's. Always a fan of the Hi Powers just not the prices of the Brownings or original FN's.

Snake45

Hawkeye
There's something about a Hi-Power. Here's my Mk II, Israeli surplus, I think.
View attachment 33713

I did swap out for the ring hammer. Carries a bit better IWB without poking me in the back.
View attachment 33714

My EDC during the "Summer of Love" a couple years ago...

Aqualung
I had to go the other way with mine--the ring hammer bites me, the big spur doesn't.

Cholo

Staff member
The SA-35 is near perfection! I had an '81 high polish fixed sight FN HP and it was a thing of beauty. Well, except for the 7#+ trigger. The shop owner said he could fix it and his screwdriver slipped hard and went down the entire side of the gun. Oops! Gouged you! I'd gotten it new for a good price and sold it for what I had in it minus the tax.

The new SA is worth a look. I don't believe that matt finish will hold up, though. Can't say about the accuracy. We shot it at coffee cans at 50+ yds. and they were safe LOL I believe we'll try it out again this coming Sat.

Unless you're simply sold on plastic, check out this Springfield. It's just one of those handguns you can enjoy by just looking at it.

KIR

Sparks, NV
Don't know about the SA-35, but I love my two BHP's. One is a Mk. III BNIB and a used C77. Changed hammers to a skeletonized ones. I couldn't handle the 1911 when I went to buy one, so I got a Ruger KP345 which was lighter and slimmer. (I got old. :() Then I discovered the BHP. Discontinued, but I got it at MSRP and then the used one was even higher, but has been well worth it.

Attachments

• BHP Grips.JPG
    BHP Grips.JPG
    271.7 KB · Views: 38
  • Browning Hi-Power 'C' Series.JPG
    Browning Hi-Power 'C' Series.JPG
    154.9 KB · Views: 32
  • KP-345 and Nimravus.JPG
    KP-345 and Nimravus.JPG
    156 KB · Views: 34
I learned tactical shooting on a BHP and a 1911. I had one of the first 40SW High Powers that had to go back in for a new barrel due to case bulging. I lived in Ogden at the time, right down from Morgan where Browning was headquartered. I do miss my BHP, all except for the hammer bite. I may buy another some day. But, I really miss my Browning BDM. That was a slick gun.

My one present Hi Power; I've had several in the past. I think I may need one of the SA P35s.

View attachment 33815You didn't say how you liked the SA-35. I got a new one a coup[e weeks ago at a gun show at the MSRP. As an old BHP collector I was disappointed in it. The black finish was ugh! The machining surprised too me with the sharp edges. I have a couple of Mil Spec M1911s from them which are even more surprisingly good. Frankly, I still prefer the old BHPs in 9mm - I'm not too excited with the .40S&W models. Anyone want to buy a mint, boxed one?

Latest posts