Redhawk values

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jstanfield103

Blackhawk
I have three Redhawk's.
1. 7.5" 44 Magnum I believe I paid $699.00 New
2. .357 Magnum that I bought off of GunBroker (I am embarrassed to say what I paid. But I wanted one for my collection of my favorite revolvers)
3. 45 Colt / 45 acp. that I paid $799.00 for New

427mach1

Blackhawk
jstanfield103 said:
I have three Redhawk's.
1. 7.5" 44 Magnum I believe I paid $699.00 New
2. .357 Magnum that I bought off of GunBroker (I am embarrassed to say what I paid. But I wanted one for my collection of my favorite revolvers)
3. 45 Colt / 45 acp. that I paid $799.00 for New

Now you just need to find a 41 Magnum, my personal favorite!

z1r

Single-Sixer
So, is $500 for an ANIB blued 5.5" .44 mag with original and Hogue grips a good deal?

That's what I paid for mine along with a box of Hammerheads.

hittman

Staff member
z1r said:
So, is $500 for an ANIB blued 5.5" .44 mag with original and Hogue grips a good deal?

Yes. Be right fair in these parts.

Maybe $50 or so on the cheap side. Many folks seem to think the blued Redhawks are better looking and fewer produced.

hittman

Staff member
6GUNSONLY said:
I have a Redhawk I was thinking of selling. 5 1/2" .44 mag, hi-viz sights, Pachs and factory grips, box and all the papers. What's it worth?

Is this old enough to be in the cardboard box, or it is plastic?
If the hi-viz aren't original, do you have the original sites?

In this neck of the woods ...... $500.00 range.

bayou5252

Single-Sixer
jstanfield103 said:
I have three Redhawk's.

I bought a Redhawk 357 off of Gunbroker, too. It was about 3 months ago. I hit the "buy it now" button at $800. Never looked back - it's the finest, crispest, tightest, best shooting revolver in my meager collection. The cylinder locks as tight as I've ever seen in a revolver. I couldn't believe my luck on getting such a fine specimen, as this was the first firearm I ever bought without being able to see it and feel it first and in person. The original bill of sale was in the box. This specimen was born in October 1984 and was first sold in Nov. 1984 for the grand sum of $381.

Since I bought my 357 RH, several more have been sold on GB. One went for $951, another for $655, another for $901 and the last one for $825. So, I think my "buy it now" was right in the ball park at $800, and I'm sure glad I hit that button rather than risk losing it.

I've been enjoying shooting steel plates at 100 yards with Chief Redhawk. My specimen sports a 7/5" tube.

Here's a pic with Pachmayr grips which I prefer:

Here's a pic of the RH next to its little brother, the Security Six:

Comparison of cylinder size:

Bayou5252

Alabama, in the bend of the Tennessee River
This is a 2005 production gun based on Ruger website. Hi-Viz sights seem to be original - but I don't love them. If I keep it will probably swap them out, esp the front. I took the gun on trade on an AR I had for sale and drew some boot. I really need another .44 - I think this was #7, or maybe 8. I'll shoot it first and see how I like it. Has a great DA trigger, SA is a little heavy. Got a set of Pachmayer grips with it. The factory wood grips look they were cut from a piece of pallet wood. I've got some 290 gr hard cast SWCs loaded up; we'll see how it likes those.