p89 firing pin block

Help Support Ruger Forum:

dbrown

Bearcat
Will a p85 firing pin block fit p89? I was told by Ruger they will not send this part out. They said it needs to be factory fit.I purchased two P89 both are missing firing pin blocks. I found spring and plungers online but can only find p85 block. Do they vary that much where factory fit is necessary ?

contender

Ruger Guru
Welcome to the Forum!
While I can't answer your question, I can offer this. I MAY have the correct parts in a bunch of P series parts. I'd have to see if I can get pics of each to show me the differences between the P-85 & P-89.
I have a parts bin from a Ruger armorer full of P series parts.

roylt

Hunter
Per the manual, what part are you talking about? The blocker lever or the plunger under the rear sight?

The 85 uses a different sear/blocker system than the 89s. I'm pretty sure the firing pin is different too which would yield a different plunger.

You will probably have to buy a parts kit off gunbroker or ebay to get the parts you need.

Post pictures and we will help more.

An additional problem for you is the 89 was made for a lot of years and they changed them from time to time. Meaning your guns may be old and take different parts than a newer gun. Pictures would really help.

Welcome to the forum!