Old question re: Mini 14 Folders

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Did a couple searches but couldn't find the thread...

Q: Did ALL folding stocks come with the side-mounted sling loop on the gas block?

We're talking about factory-original configurations of course.

In other words, are ALL folding-stock Mini's with a bottom-sling loop on the gas block, stock "transplants"?

:?: :?: :?:

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Thx. I knew there was no clear-cut answer (what did I expect with Ruger), but forgot about the GB, which I thought were all blued pre-1994. I don't use perfectunion.com much anymore. ?

I got my hands on one of the Falcon (Ruger supplier) walnut handles and put the original away in the '90s. MIne is a side-loop 184-series and remains tight.

44rugerr

Single-Sixer
I have been interested in the mini-14's and all my research shows the folders have the side loop gas block. I have seen many folding stocks for sale and none of the have the side loop gas block. also, many of the guns for sale I consider clones. Most sellers are not aware of this issue. I would not buy a side folder without the correct gas block.

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
Many of the Ruger folding stocks(ONLY the stock) were marketed out of California when their laws changed the allowable ownership of the folding stock guns, so I heard from a number of sellers who lived in California, from whom I purchased folding stocks......... They replaced their folder with a fixed rifle style stock and the gas block with the side sling holder loop remained on the rifle. Conversely, if one finds a fixed stock Mini 14 with a side sling mount loop on the gas block, this Mini was initially a folding stock model gun. "Something" to look for as you wander the Gun Show aisles........... 8) I have never seen a folding stock sold with it's forward gas block. For that matter, I have never seen a side mounted sling loop gas block for sale........ :shock:

Latest posts