More random pics from the home front

Help Support Ruger Forum:

reuben_j_cogburn

Blackhawk
9VcP2vY.jpg

This is obviously the Alaska Range... Pic taken from the trail system I use to go get my freight. This is south of Talkeetna, about 5 miles from the spur road...

mM9KQSK.jpg

I stopped at this cool spot to take a pic on the Talkeetna river... Actually this pic is a few years old.... But I really like it!! No worries.. there was good ice to go around.... :)

rkg6sgV.jpg

Another pic of the river. This was the first trial run on the river for the season. Notice the chainsaw... I had to cut out a lot of deadfall on the winter trail, because there was so little snow.... Normally it is pretty sell hidden... I actually ended up breaking part of my suspension because of the lack of early snow.. a $130 dollar ouch, when I could least afford it!

mWYlUbm.jpg

The first snow of the season last year... It didn't stay.... The structure is woodshed and behind is my wood pile covered by a large tarp..... There is also a small pile of wood in the foreground under a tarp.... Firewood is pretty much a constant part of my life... :(
;)

kbB5qfp.jpg

One of my canoes on my little lake.... It is nice to have it just sittin there ready to go!!

We are headed that direction in a week or so and I can't wait to get back to Alaska. I've been fishing there a couple of times but my wife and a couple who are good family friends have not so we are flying to Anchorage, taking the train to Denali then the 90 mile bus into the park with a chartered flight back out so we can see things from a higher perspective. The glass dome topped train back to Anchorage then 4-5 days in Palmer at a house that is serving as home base for that part of the trip. From Palmer we may drive back to Talkeetna or we may head south towards Soldotna then Homer. I am looking forward to seeing such big beautiful country again.

reuben_j_cogburn

Blackhawk
Not sure hawkeye... I spent most of my years in crow wing county, and fishin in aitkin county...

Robb, my good friend and world famous guide tells me the fish are still 40-50 miles south, as of yesterday..
The Su, and Talkeetna are running high and very dark, so the fishing hasn't been great. But as soon as more snow pack melts up high, things should improve.
As for my feelings on talkeetna... well.... come in the morning for breakfast at the road house.. before the druids and the transgenders wake up.... although you might enjoy the gay pride parade!
I only go into sodom and gom.... I mean... talkeetna to check my mail, and book a boat trip....
;)

Ciao....

Latest posts