Mini-14 factory folders

Help Support Ruger Forum:

44rugerr

Single-Sixer
Has it ever been verified through Ruger if any factory folders were produced with the sling swivel on the bottom of the gas block. I have seen many, but assumed they are clones.

Busterswoodshop

Buckeye
If the sling swivel is on the bottom I am pretty sure the folding stock is not original to the gun.
It is funny that you see more folders with the sling swivel on the bottom.
It makes you wonder where all the side sling guns are.

MOUNTAIN WILLIAM

Blackhawk
Here's a standard one and one that I shortened the barrel to 16.5" overall, including the permanently attached Choate M1 lookalike flash hider.

instructor

Single-Sixer
I just recently found a Mini14 Factory Folder/SS and based on your photos believe I will do the same to the barrel even though hate to disturb it for value sake. Had one years ago and sold it and regretted it ever since so jumped on it. Should have it in about two weeks or so and will post photos if I can figure out how to do that.

SteelShooter

Single-Sixer
Mountain William, nice looking folder with shortened barrel. Working on a similar one myself, when done will post photos.

Was wondering what the item your mini in the photo is sitting on? Looks pretty interesting, is it new or old? and how about a bigger photo showing all of it.

Love guns but like wood too!

Thanks!

instructor

Single-Sixer
Had posted earlier that was in process of buying Mini14 factory folder and only last eve. rec'd the photos of same.
Sling swivels are on the side both front and rear so I am assuming it is original. Seller has good reputation and would not think anything else from him. Really looking forward to having one of these again, just seems to have all the "right stuff."

mohavesam

Hawkeye
A call to the factory will verify the as-shipped configuration of any swapout-suspect folder.
Note that even after-market sales of OEM supplier folders (Falcon, etc) did not supply the gas block with the side-mounted swivel.
- IIR there was one outfit in TX that at one time offered a side mount gas block, but only as part of their package and it was not advertised in their tri-fold (this was before Al Gore invented the internet).

Corntruckdriver

Bearcat
HI, new here.
Can anyone here tell me the differences between a Mini14/5F folding stock gun and a Mini14/20GBF folding stock gun besides the 5 and 20 round magazines. Is there a difference in the barrels?

Thanks

instructor

Single-Sixer
I believe the GBF version is "government barrel folding" and they include a bayonet lug and flash hider whereas the std. folding stock did not have those features.