Legendary Glock Reliability +1

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I made it to the gun range today. I haven't had a lot of time to go shooting lately. The gun range I'm a member of is 70 miles one way. It makes it hard to get to, even harder with the temperature this summer. Hopefully I can go more often this fall.

Anyway, went to an indoor gun range. This one is ok. Good ventilation, so you aren't breathing in gun smoke, which is a big plus.

But, I brought my Glock Model 44 in 22 rimfire. What a great gun. I haven't shot it that much, probably just 1000 rounds. Not a single misfire or FTF or FTE or anything. Bang, Bang, Bang each and every time.

I remember when they came out there was a big thread here about these pistols not shooting very well. Just happy to say mine is chugging right along.

I have one as well. It works great.
20230427_192627.jpg

hittman

Staff member
Two friends have them ( I don't ) and they swear by their reliability.

Two friends have them ( I don't ) and they swear by their reliability.
Hittman, another time I posted about my Ruger Max 9 causing problems. You said you had a Glock 19 that never fails.

I got the problems with the Ruger sorted out but also got a Glock 19 because of you. Also a great gun!

——————-

The trigger on the Glock 44 is interesting. If you rapid fire it feels mushy. But going slow and thinking through the whole trigger pull, it's actually a really great trigger. There's some slack at first, then a slight bit of mush. Than a wall. It breaks that wall at probably 4 or 5 pounds, which isn't too bad.

The trigger on the Glock 19 is very similar. I actually like the Glock trigger.

hittman

Staff member
Yep Kevin, the 19x and 43 are the only Glocks I own right now. Had a ( bought brand new ) Gen 5 17 but somebody decided it was worth about $50 more than I paid for it so ….. time to send it down the road.

I have a couple of Glocks that I trust with my life. Never have had a single problem of any kind, with any kind of ammo, for either one. Both are 9mm. I bought my first Glock at least partially on the basis of Hitchcock 45 where in one of his YouTube videos said that the only brand of gun he would trust to defend his life, right of the box, brand new, was a Glock. But my Ruger Lc9s, my EDC, has been just as reliable. I haven't shot more than maybe 1,000 rounds with the Ruger, but it has performed flawlessly and being a single stack 9mm rather than the double stack like the Glock, is much easier to carry as a concealed firearm.

eveled

Hawkeye
I had a Glock, it was the worst gun I ever owned. It would stove pipe every magazine I traded it on a Beretta best thing I ever did.

Glad to hear it is functioning well. Aside from my Target 22lr pistols (MK II, MK IV, Buckmark), I wanted a 22lr in a trendy polymer style and went with a TX22 compact recently. I'm glad to say its been 100% reliable from the box. Yes I did just do a quick cleaning before it went to the range but it works great.

A bit off topic here (non-22lr) but I don't have any Glocks, first off they didn't seem appealing at first but looks aren't everything and frankly the looks have even grown on me. I have a few budget 9mms but once I have an issue or FTF, I instantly take it off the list of something I'd every carry. Only carry I go with right now is my PPK and its easy to conceal. 6+1 but I found a mag base that fits and would let me go 7+1 but that needs a range test, for now I'd only go with the flush 6 rounder. Also have a CZ-75 compact but that is a bit to conceal, its been 100% reliable.

All this said, I'm just researching Glocks for now and thinking about one for carry but its dizzying with all the different numbers!

krw

Blackhawk
IMO, best of both worlds. Not too big, but enough grip to get ahold of. 15+1 capacity. Just my fav Glock hands down

That might be the one as I've looked at what they have to offer. There are no real size standards in the industry but I believe they call that a 'compact'?
Is it compact enough to carry or more of a range pistol?
You could carry the Glock 19 very easily.

The Glock 44 (22lr version) is identical in size to the 19. Same holsters will work.

That might be the one as I've looked at what they have to offer. There are no real size standards in the industry but I believe they call that a 'compact'?
Is it compact enough to carry or more of a range pistol?
I own 17 glocks and they all work great. The 19 is probably their best seller and is a great handgun. But I carry a model 43 every day. Here is picture for size comparison. The picture don't show how thin the 43 is. The 19 is kind of chunky but the 43 is thin and svelte. Of course you are giving up many extra rounds.
20230902_123029.jpg