Homemade Holster

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Southerngunner

Bearcat
I made this holster for my Montado, it is set up for strong side or crossdraw carry. I did not have a patern to go by so I just winged it. I like the way it turned out but I need to pack it for a few days to see how it works. Let me know what you think good or bad any advice is welcome.
montadoholster009.jpg

montadoholster001.jpg

KWYJIBO

Blackhawk
I think it turned out really nice. Best of all, it's one of a kind. I've always liked DIY projects and unique, homemade stuff. Good job!

oregon73

Blackhawk
Nothing wrong I can see from here. In fact, it looks pretty smart, and matches the gun well. Let us know how it rides.

Rob

bronco45

Single-Sixer
Looks like you borrowed and adapted modern elements of concealment holster design, to a 19th century style weapon.

Good Job. A little thinkin outside the box.

Southerngunner

Bearcat
bronco45 said:
Looks like you borrowed and adapted modern elements of concealment holster design, to a 19th century style weapon.

Good Job. A little thinkin outside the box.

Thanks for the reply I guess that is what I did without realizing it. I have been packing it in crossdraw for a couple of days and it is actually comfortable and easily hidden with an overshirt( I went shoping with the wife yesterday and she did'nt know that I had it on until we got home.) :D

messerist

Bearcat
Looks like you nailed it! It has a certain flair/function to it that is not often seen in your run-of-the-mill holster. You pushed a boundry and discovered a neat idea. Good Luck!