Give it another shot?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

259 1911s. Wow. I bet you have a lot of rounds down range! May be a while before I own that many. I like my Sig C3. It's my primary carry. Officer's frame with commander slide (hybrid).

The Sig Scorpion looks/feels like it's going to be great. Both Sigs utilize forged uppers and lowers. The C3 is an alloy frame and Scorpion is all steel.

My AO 1911 I think is cast frame and forged slide.

I'm STILL interested in a Springfield RO. What is your take on it sousana?

sousana

Single-Sixer
I have yet to find a springfield I don't like. The two AO that I have feel like forged, I'll have to check.

I just picked up my third RO, its a loaded model but with adj sights, and much cheaper. The used one I just picked up for $590, the new ones I paid $643 & $654. Accuracy is as good as my milspecs. The used one was hitting 2.101" at 25ft with rws ball.

revhigh

Hawkeye
DA_TriggR4Ruger said:
Well I did it! But I got something a little different. Took this like new in box gun in trade and have not shot it yet... It appears Unfired and includes everything they come with new.

What the hell is that groove behind the dust cover and those other 3 grooves?

You call THAT THING a 1911 ? LOL!!!! :D :D

Ah well ..... at least its a Sig ... that's worth something .....

REV

revhigh said:
DA_TriggR4Ruger said:
Well I did it! But I got something a little different. Took this like new in box gun in trade and have not shot it yet... It appears Unfired and includes everything they come with new.

What the hell is that groove behind the dust cover and those other 3 grooves?

You call THAT THING a 1911 ? LOL!!!! :D :D

Ah well ..... at least its a Sig ... that's worth something .....

REV

LOL Rev. Love your posts man. Actually, I never specifically called it a 1911, true, it is a 1911-like gun. I myself have never been a big fan of railed dust covers on 1911s. But this gun feels great, others have had a lot of good experiences, and I found I couldn't pass on the trade. It was just too good.

revhigh

Hawkeye
Just kidding DA.

Good looking gun ... even though it looks like a 1911 dressed up for Halloween .... :D

REV

dakota1911

Buckeye
My understanding with the Range Officer and other SA 1911s are the frames, slides, etc. are made by IMBEL in Brazil and then sent to the USA where assembly, fitting, and finishing takes place.

Latest posts