Found: KRBN-455WX - 1 fluted, 1 rollmarked

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Terry T

Buckeye
Wandered by a local pusher yesterday on a whim - OPPs - a KRBN-455WX (stainless, Bisley Blackhawk, 5 1/2", in 45LC / 45ACP convertable, 1 of 250), as new in box, with box, had just come in and was waiting to be placed in the display case for sale. It's been fired but very well cared for.

Ser. no. is 48-24221 which is a bit higher than the higest listed by Chad.

Guess I've got a mini Bisley collection going, it joins a KRBN-415W (1 of 1,000). :D
(2 similar guns make a collection, right?)
Terry T

Quarterbore

Blackhawk
Terry T":28vj781u said:
Wandered by a local pusher yesterday on a whim - OPPs - a KRBN-455WX (stainless, Bisley Blackhawk, 5 1/2", in 45LC / 45ACP convertable, 1 of 250), as new in box, with box, had just come in and was waiting to be placed in the display case for sale. It's been fired but very well cared for.

Ser. no. is 48-24221 which is a bit higher than the higest listed by Chad.

Guess I've got a mini Bisley collection going, it joins a KRBN-415W (1 of 1,000). :D
(2 similar guns make a collection, right?)
Terry T

Your numbers are off. I assume Chad's reference is refering to the original run of 1000, but there have been MANY, MANY runs since. I have been keeping a list in the following thread if you want to be added:

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB/viewtop ... ley+serial

So, your gun is one of the April 2004 run, not the initial 2002 run. Also note I had stopped logging all the serial numbers I had found as the 41 and 45 Bisley Blackhawks and even the 357s have become nearly a regular production item over the past couple years.

Terry T

Buckeye
"Quarterbore",
I had forgotten about this thread. Yes, go ahead and add my new one to the list. I'll get the fired case date when I pick it up after my 10 day 'cooling off' wait.

I hope Chad corrects his book in the next ed. I would guess that the 45LC / ACP is still a bit uncommon but maybe not "rare". Nice gun but I was really going for 'rare'. Maybe I'll bring it to Harrisburg for trading fodder. :?
Terry T

chet15

Hawkeye
The highest I've had reported o the KRBN-455WX now stands at 48-42969. So far there have been about 2,000 produced with Williams getting the last 300+. In fact, I'm not sure Williams doesn't have the exclusive on this model now so I would imagine you'll continue to see small groups from time to time.
Chet15

Terry T

Buckeye
Folks,
I was checking Gunbrokers.com today and found another, the same but different. Gunbroker # 159763248.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =159763248

Both of my cylinders are engraved. In the current Gunbroker auction, one is fluted. Not to mention the gray laminated grips.

Does anyone know how the different special runs may be the same or different? Model number may be the same but the features may vary. :shock:

The plot thickens,
Terry T

G2

Hunter
Terry T, you better check and verify that one of the cylinders is 45ACP. Sounds like you have 2ea 45 colt cylinders. I have never seen or heard of a ACP engraved cylinder. Usually the ACP cylinder is fluted. Might have a mix-up.

Terry T

Buckeye
"G2",
Gun is still at the dealer waiting for me to 'cool off'.
I looked inside both cylinders when I bought it and one does have noticeably shorter chambers than the other.
Box is clearly marked as a convertable.

I will need to try to chamber rounds, etc. after I pick it up next week. I'll try to post photos then.

Anyone hear of a convertable with both cylinders engraved?
Terry T

chet15

Hawkeye
Sounds like you've found a new variation Terry! Please give details once you have it in hand.
Anybody else got a recent KRBN-455WX to share details with???
Chet15

Terry T

Buckeye
OOPs, Now I wish I'd brought everything home and left just the gun at the dealer. :shock:
Hopefully, my memory is not playing tricks on me but that's what I'm remembering and it was only a week ago.
I will do the 'pick up' on Monday - should have photos posted shortly thereafter.
Terry T

Terry T

Buckeye
Ruger records confirmed:
"Special run - shipped with rollmarked, unfluted cylinders" I asked the nice lady for a letter to confirm. She is not allowed to tell me how many were in the special order.
Shipped Feb. 2005.

I'll post photos on Monday.

I think the 'gun gods' may have smiled on me after all.
Terry T

Terry T

Buckeye
Finally picked up the Bisley today.

OOPs - major memory failure. They say when one gets older two things go, the first is the memory and ....... Dang, now I can't remember the second. :oops: :oops:

One cylinder is fluted, one is rollmarked. Sorry for the false alarm.

So - we have an 'ordinary' (maybe one of 2,000) stainless .45 convertable Bisley. Uncommon but not 'rare'. Fired case date is 02-23-2005.
Terry