Fitted cylinder felt bags

Help Support Ruger Forum:

xman9282

Single-Sixer
Not sure if this has been discussed or if I'm in the right category. I was wondering if there was any significance on the color of the felt bag that comes with extra fitted cylinders on the single actions. Maybe they are based on production year or just what they had on hand? I have several red and blue bags and one green bag.

as 'street' said for the 'spare' fitted cylinders,the red bags, yellow pull cord, though I had seen a couple of orange shade ...and as for the blue or the green, we used to get the No.1's in the shop had the rings in blue bags, seen a couple of green shades also, had rings ,maybe for the early model 77???

chet15

Hawkeye
All Old model extra cylinders had red bags as mentioned.
The earliest rifles had their rings packed in blue bags up until that 1983/1984 period whenever the OM conversion kit started being offered by Ruger.
At that time Ruger's extra cylinders could be found with green, brown, orange, blue....whatever they had on hand at the time. And it turned out that Ruger was just using up the last of their bags. At that time Ruger quit using the felt bags for rings or cylinders altogether.
Chet15