Deleted

Help Support Ruger Forum:

aimtrue

Bearcat
Of the long guns I have had, not one was ugly in my eyes. If they were reliable and accurate and I found them to be just what I wanted, their aesthetic visuals grew on me until I thought them simply beautiful.

The best long shooter I had was a Remington 700. It was not especially beautiful but was an excellent weapon. It took no time at all for me to think it beautiful.

I find today's Ruger9 CP Carbine to encompass all of the things I want and like in a carbine. It is reliable, accurate, easy to maintain, a delight to dissemble for travel; and I think it is visually attractive!

I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

mpalm

Single-Sixer
I like the look of the original Police Carbine better (1997). I also see no need for a take down barrel? (Not planning on packing it in my suitcase anytime soon)

I am happy that Ruger resurrected the awesomeness that is the PC carbine!
Win Win

22/45 Fan

Hunter
mpalm said:
I like the look of the original Police Carbine better (1997). I also see no need for a take down barrel? (Not planning on packing it in my suitcase anytime soon)
The original Police Carbines had one major flaw and that was they only took Ruger P-series magazines. Very few agencies issued Ruger semi-autos as duty guns and having to carry two different magazines was a show stopper. Ruger sure didn't make the same mistake twice!

The takedown barrel is not a necessity by any means but it does make for easier cleaning.