David Bradshaw Aerial Shooting Kimber Gold Match 1911 45ACP

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Seancass

Bearcat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRSvevvwmds

I failed to post this video of David showing his technique with the Kimber. Enjoy!

David Bradshaw

Blackhawk
My appreciation to Sean for posting the Aerial Targets series. Technique has been discussed elsewhere in the Aerial series. Inherent to shooting thrown targets, fire is withheld while the water jug (or other object) is silhouetted against the sky. Imperative bullet goes to ground. This requirement makes for noisy visual noise, forcing severe SIGHT DISCIPLINE. It is much easier to shoot aerials against the sky. Sight discipline pays off in hunting for the marksman and markswoman practiced to engage a moving target.
David Bradshaw

contender

Ruger Guru
Even though David is older than many here,,, he PROVES you can still be a shooter well into your later years. I always enjoy his stuff!

contender

Ruger Guru
Many of us have followed the writings of David a lot. He has a wealth of knowledge to share & for those folks willing to listen & learn.

Prescut

Single-Sixer
I admit to being a fan boy of David. He shares what he knows. I don't think there's a major champion alive who has been so generous with shooters; and still does it on a daily basis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kmm0n3ZYnCw

Notice how spiffy he looks. I don't look that nice going to church. And he's out back exploding gallon jugs with red dye.

While you're in youtube, look at all the other david bradshaw videos. There is one with him shooting my favorite, the Ruger 357 Maximum, which was his baby back in the day.

Prescut

David Bradshaw

Blackhawk
Potatojudge, Eric Conrad, Tyrone.... thank you for the kind words. The mission is to shoot, to push the next shot, to breathe between shots. No shortcut to a smooth squeeze.
David Bradshaw