David A. Van Horn info

Help Support Ruger Forum:

RonEgg

Blackhawk
I bought a 3 screw OM off this forum years ago. It was a 44 special conversion. Nice job, not sure I've ever shot it. Looking for any information on this gunsmith from Gilbert, Arizona.
IMG_0008.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0009.jpeg
    IMG_0009.jpeg
    222.6 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0010.jpeg
    IMG_0010.jpeg
    172.5 KB · Views: 56

Wvfarrier

Blackhawk
Google-fu turned up website but its no longer active. It was all I could find, zero other info

G2

Hunter
FWIW
David had his gunsmith shop at his home, nice equipped shop, he would employ a couple of gunsmiths and do work himself. He also had a very nice dedicated stock duplicator room.
I got to know him he would run my re-blue items, meaning I would get it all ready and he would give it the dip, did a really good job and very fair on price... miss this.
He always had a set-up at the Phoenix Crossroads Gunshow. He was big into TC Contender/ Encore stuff.
I moved away in 2010, what has happened since then ,,, I know not.

RonEgg

Blackhawk
G2 thank you for the comment on re-blueing. He removed the billboard and roll marked his name as well as changing the caliber. I don't remember if it came with #5 base pin or I put it in. It came as a pinto with erh and grip frame polished. Refinishing is nicely done and matches perfectly. Only fault I could see was the erh is a bit short and there is a gap. The front sight has two lines like Clements, without the pin to replace the blade.

IMG_0017.jpeg
IMG_0013.jpeg

Latest posts