Bianchi full flap holster for ROA...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BULL'S-EYE

Blackhawk
For a 7.5" Old Army....Anyone have one in decent condition your not using and want to sell? Feel free to PM about it.

5908-8-500x500.jpg

hittman

Staff member

06dilly

Single-Sixer
I've got a pair of them and no gun to match… will sell for $120 each shipped or $220 for the pair. I'll let the buyer clean up the brass as some like it that way.

TomD

BULL'S-EYE

Blackhawk
Found a nice used one, if anyone has a nice NIP minty example, I might be interested in it as well.

contender

Ruger Guru
Just a point of interest for the folks who like to collect.

If I recall correctly,, there are a few variations of some of these holsters. One noticeable one is the markings on the back being in a different Font, or something like that. I'd have to dig mine out to make sure though. And I think there may be a RCA brand on the front flap of some,, plus,, the left handed version,,!

:D Gotta love collecting! :D

contender

Ruger Guru
Flap holster collecting? Try to find the rarer ones known as the "Cathy" ones. I have one for the Old Army, and a Single-Six 6-1/2".

:D Stirring the pot a little here,, peaking interest! :D

Hankus

Blackhawk
Flap holster collecting? Try to find the rarer ones known as the "Cathy" ones. I have one for the Old Army, and a Single-Six 6-1/2".

:D Stirring the pot a little here,, peaking interest! :D
Cathy or Cathey?? My grandfather H. Cathey owned a business that made military hardware during WWII. I have one of the shoulder holsters from his company, made for a 1911, and a US marked hip holster, not sure of the provenance … pics of the hip holster below.

Attachments

• IMG_6880.jpeg
    IMG_6880.jpeg
    407.7 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_6879.jpeg
    IMG_6879.jpeg
    445 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_6878.jpeg
    IMG_6878.jpeg
    434.5 KB · Views: 34

contender

Ruger Guru
I'll have to see if I can dig out some holsters. But with my schedule,, and the fact I'm going to be headed to the SHOT show in a week,, it may take a bit.

If I do,, I'll post pictures in the Gallery.

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
The Cathay Practical holsters look identical to the Bianchi ones on the front. The difference is on the back where instead of saying Bianchi, there is only a smaller (than the one on the flap) Ruger eagle.

This is a Cathay for a 4-5/8" Single Six:
Cathay-4.JPG

They are not marked Cathay anywhere. Story is that Bianchi couldn't keep up, so Ruger contracted Cathay to make some to fulfill their demand.

Front of same holster:

Cathay-2.JPG

I'm not sure Cathay made all the models that Bianchi did.

The only difference between an Old Army version and the 7.5" Blackhawk version (other than the stamp on the back) is the form fitted bulge for the ejector rod housing on the Blackhawk version.

Latest posts