Barrel Chambering?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

As most of you know buying a barrel From most if not all barrel companies is a blank.
You still need to have it chambered.

This to me is odd, for the reason that you buy a top of the line barrel, and yet still need to find someone who knows how to chamber the barrel with precision, or you just have a $600 rod.

So having said this, who out there Chambers barrels, who would anyone recommend ?.

contender

Ruger Guru
Due to the various calibers, and ways chambers are cut,, combined with how to set back the threading & such,, rifled blanks are the normal like that.
Any good rifle gunsmith should be able chamber & thread it for you.

NikA

Buckeye
Plenty of companies out there will sell a "pre-fit" barrel that is already chambered, depending on the model. It would help a lot if you would indicate what you're working on, wouldn't recommend same folks to do a bolt gun as a lever.

"THE" Question I'm asking "IS" who recommends who?????
You're probably better sticking to commercially available options. I'm pretty sure a lathe and mill will pay for themselves in a few projects. A man without tools isn't.

Attachments

• IMAG0149.jpg
    IMAG0149.jpg
    369.8 KB · Views: 29
  • IMAG0050~2.jpg
    IMAG0050~2.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 30
  • IMAG0246.jpg
    IMAG0246.jpg
    284.7 KB · Views: 27
  • IMAG0421.jpg
    IMAG0421.jpg
    314.7 KB · Views: 30
Plenty of companies out there will sell a "pre-fit" barrel that is already chambered, depending on the model. It would help a lot if you would indicate what you're working on, wouldn't recommend same folks to do a bolt gun as a lever.
Well the only question I had is, who is good at chambering. Yes a monkey can put a new tire on a wheel, but how well?.
All this being said I found my guy.
For inquiring minds I'm building a .22 Creedmoor off from a Ruger #1 with a 1-6.5 twist 26" Shilen Barrel, shooting Berger 85.5gr bullets and a mounting an Arken 5x25x56 scope.
I've yet to find a stock for it, but ok with an original wood , or Synthetic as this won't be an original #1 any way.

contender

Ruger Guru
My apologies.
I didn't realize you wanted me to tell you who I would use.
I would use my friend, and gunsmith,, Sam Summey. He's a member here too. He's good at chambering and fitting a barrel to a receiver.

My apologies.
I didn't realize you wanted me to tell you who I would use.
I would use my friend, and gunsmith,, Sam Summey. He's a member here too. He's good at chambering and fitting a barrel to a receiver.
Aah, everything is good. Found the guy who I bought the receiver from is a smith, and has done a ton of these Ruger #1's which can be a bit more to them than just doing barrel work I found out. So no harm either way.

Latest posts