Another old field find.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

David LaPell

Blackhawk
I was out riding with the wife and kid today and lately I have been bringing the camera with me. I spotted this old relic or what was left of it in a field in the middle of nowhere. I am not even sure what make it is, I don't believe its a Ford, but its hard to tell. If I could find the owner I would like to ask them about it and even if I could harvest the steering wheel, I believe in trying to save some of these old timers. I really like that still visible on the top of the old 4 cylinder are the words "Made in USA".
Anyone know what kind of truck this is?

Sagebrusher

Bearcat
Smoggy SW Idahfornia (Formerly the GREAT state of
Neat find, I think Ale-8 has it right.
Looks like a Ford TT truck with original motor, carb, and drive train. Certainly looks like Ford in script on the head. Run a search for Ford TT and see if it doesn't match.

I have a homebuilt tractor that my friend Joe's (A China Burma Hump pilot) Dad built while Joe was away fighting WW II. There were no new tractors (or darned few anyway) to be had so he salvaged a Ford TT truck running gear and married it to a Model A engine, transmission, parts and pieces. He also plumbed in a transmission from a '39 Buick. With homemade sheet metal body, it looks like a real ag tractor with a ton of gear ratio options and torque.

I found it interesting so Joe gave it to me when he had to sell the home place due to failing health a few years ago.
Really need to get it running but had quit just before patching the fuel tank and trying to buy a new radiator. At least got it all freed up, stabilized with paint, corrosion controlled, lubed new rubber and parked under a roof.
The history of old iron seems to be less and less appreciated every passing year as it is too often shipped to communist china to be smelted and turned into third rate goods to the detriment of our national debt.

A

Anonymous

Sagebrusher said:
The history of old iron seems to be less and less appreciated every passing year as it is too often shipped to communist china to be smelted and turned into third rate goods to the detriment of our national debt.

You're absolutely correct...and what tightens my jaws is we get charged a fortune for those third rate goods when they get back in the United States!

And some custom or restoration shop would love to get their hands on that old Ford. Wish it was sittin' in my back yard.

Latest posts