Another dang photo question.... just shoot me

Help Support Ruger Forum:

reuben_j_cogburn

Blackhawk
I have not been able to get an avatar to load from any of the pic hosting sites.. imgur, picture trail or flickr... I even resized the image to by about 85x85 px.... All I get is "invalid URL"... or similar malarky.....
Any help??

Thanks..

ciao...

hittman

Staff member
Hey Reuben good to see you back.

We went through this last fall when Photobucket puked on us. Dang if I can remember exactly how to load the avatar though. Maybe one of the pic selections on Imgur is avatar? I know one is specifically labeled as being for loading on boards like this.

Also depends on what device you're using to access Imgur. I use a good old PC but hear others using smart phones, iPads, etc. have to do things differently.

pete44ru

Hunter
reuben_j_cogburn said:
I have not been able to get an avatar to load from any of the pic hosting sites.. imgur, picture trail or flickr... I even resized the image to by about 85x85 px.... All I get is "invalid URL"... or similar malarky.....
Any help??

Thanks..

ciao...

* On imgur, double click on the pic you wish for an avatar, to isolate it from all the others there.

* Once the pic's isolated, in the vertical menu on the pic's RH edge, at the bottom is a sizing tool.

* Click on "small square" (avatar size) to illuminate your choice.

* After a size is chosen, move your cursor into the upper portion of that same RH side vertical menu.

* Click on the "Direct Link", which will change from a url to a solid color when you click on it.

* With your cursor on the solid color, right click & "copy"

* In the "Edit Avatar" section of your Ruger forum user control panel, right click & "paste" in the "Link off-site" box, then finish submitting your avatar choice.

reuben_j_cogburn

Blackhawk
Nope... I get the same message.. "URL is invalid ".... I have tried every combination.... Yet... I can post this....

RL9fQill.jpg

It absolutely baffles me.... Thanks for the help... But I guess I give up.....

hittman

Staff member
If using a computer, go to Imgur, open the picture you want as an avatar.
Right click on it and hit "copy".
Then "paste" that URL into the avatar box BUT before you submit it, delete the last two characters from the URL string. I think they are ?/ or something of the sort.

I've sized your pic at 100x120 I believe. The avatar of my Harley is something like 85x90.

reuben_j_cogburn

Blackhawk
Thanks guys.... I finally got it.... The original avatar that everybody liked is back...... rusty gun and all......

reuben_j_cogburn

Blackhawk
Both coach! Much buffing with steel wool and oil has thinned and removed much of the finish.. and spending all the time in that old holster haven't helped...

I'm still kickin, but there have been many lean times... still.... I prefer my sticks and mountains,( even if I only have beans and rice), rather than being on the road system....

Latest posts