Andy Horvath Custom Rugers....Anyone Have One?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Nalapombu

Bearcat
Hey all,

I remember seeing in John Taffin's book the coolest looking custom Rugers, they were what he called "Lil Rugers." They were just beautiful. Of course he had several of them. He referred to them as being done by a gunsmith named Andy Horvath from Diagonal Road Gunshop. I believe he is in Northern Ohio.

I don't know if he is still customizing Ruger's or if he has a website, but he made some really great looking short barreled Ruger wheelguns. I was just curious to see if anyone else knows of his stuff and if by chance anyone owns one that can post some pics.

Anyone?

Thanks

Nalajr

Brules

Single-Sixer
Both my brother & myself have OM 357's converted to 38wcf.
I'll look for some pictures.

Here is my L'il Gun Andy did in 41 Special with sambar stag grips and a Smith & Wesson ribbed model 57 barrel.
IMG_0491.jpg

buckeyeshooter

Blackhawk
I had Andy open up the chambers on a vaquero 44-40 from .428 to .430 and also fit a 44 mag cylinder from a blackhawk to it. Along with that he fitted a brownell's blank cylinder -- chambered it to 44-40 and fitted it to a 44 mag vaquero.
So basically now I have a set of vaquero 44 mag/ 44-40 convertibles. The guns are outstanding shooters and the work was done very professionally. The cost was fair and the work done on time and completed in a quick time frame.
I will use him for any future work I need done!

Anthony Williams

Single-Sixer
Andy Horvath once did some work on a 4 &5/8 SBH that I used to own. He fitted a steel ejector housing, hard chromed the grip frame, and high polish and blued the remainder of the gun. He did a beautiful job, his turn around time was quick, and I thought his prices were very fair. :wink:

A.W.