.44 Specials

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rammerjammer

Blackhawk

maxfam

Bearcat
After my first New Model Flattop I knew I liked the medium frame layout. My first was a used blued 44 special that had a Super Blackhawk hammer and antler grips, I was hooked.

Attachments

• IMG_7255.jpeg
    IMG_7255.jpeg
    64.8 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_7256.jpeg
    IMG_7256.jpeg
    96.4 KB · Views: 43

Rclark

Hunter
Nice collection there! And I agree with 'hooked' :) . My first flattops were the Anniversary revolvers, .44 Mag (large frame), and the .357 . Then the .44 Special came along, .45 Colt, and finally a run of .357 flattops. So I too have all bases covered. BTW, the .44 Special Flattop(s) (I have a Bisley and normal plow handle) is where I really got into .44 Special. The .44 Mag just dropped off the radar as I found the perfect combination of revolver and cartridge for my .44 shooting needs. Ie. I found my 'perfect pack'n pistols' so to speak for .357, .44, and .45 with the medium frame flattops.

needsmostuff

Blackhawk
I've been offered US $350-425 each,.
Lots of good advice so far.
Of course, if you are trying to sell to a dealer they need to buy with the eye of making a profit. But that is still way low. For full value sell to a private person that can still save by not paying taxes.
One second thought. If the buyer claims they can't offer much because it's "just a 44 special" and not a Magnum. Just pack them up and walk away.
That's just not the case. 44 special and flat top mid frame guns both have a large following of appreciators and ready buyers and have been mostly unavailable for years.

Last edited:

Ray Newman

Blackhawk
Needsmoststuff: still have two revolvers. Found out that guy making the offer is well know for screwing people, then in a few weeks reselling on the internet or at the local gun show at a very inflated price.

He told me there really is no interest in a .44 Spcl. Plus brass and dies are hard to find, the round is not very powerful, Rugers are a "dime a dozen", etc. Guy should have been a used car salesman with his line of bull....

needsmostuff

Blackhawk
He told me there really is no interest in a .44 Spcl. Plus brass and dies are hard to find, the round is not very powerful, Rugers are a "dime a dozen", etc. Guy should have been a used car salesman with his line of bull....

When I have to deal with that kind of Peckahead with that line of BS I don't get ruffled or snooty.
I just quietly pack the guns up and tell them "It looks like these guns are not the guns for you".
Then I refuse to discuss it with them anymore or even answer any questions about them only saying" Dosen't matter ,,,,your not interested in them".
Drives them nuts.
Sadly, as we get older some of our gun lovin Amigos forget the brotherhood and want to pick our bones.
Glad your not falling for it!
Pick your price and stick with it till the offers get very, very close.

Stantheman1986

Single-Sixer
Don't sell them that low, unless it's to a family member or close friend

Someone would pay you $450 each and flip em immediately, don't leave money on the table

I'm not an expert so I can't add more than the people above who know way more about these , but I was also shocked that a new .357 blued Blackhawk is now an $800 gun and that's not a convertible.

I haven't looked at new prices , it wasn't long ago a base model Blackhawk was a $600 at most gun

Alabama, in the bend of the Tennessee River
Needsmoststuff: still have two revolvers. Found out that guy making the offer is well know for screwing people, then in a few weeks reselling on the internet or at the local gun show at a very inflated price.

Horse biscuits. Very desirable guns you have there. Pretty sure you can list and sell them here with no problem at a fair price.

Latest posts