2008 Single Six Hunter

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jstanfield103

Blackhawk
Okay Guy's/Gal's

I bought a New Blackhawk Hunter about 1 month ago. After setting it up the way I wanted her I decided to try and find a Single Six Hunter. But to my surprise Ruger has quit making the Single Six version of the Hunter. So off to GunBroker, I only found one convertible 22lr./22Mag available at the time. I bought it and when received it there were a few places on her were she was used but all fixable. Right now I am waiting for high scope rings to mount a scope with and I have a Red Dot on a Picatinny rail that uses the Ruger scope slots to mount.

I really love this pistol and I did sight her in after changing the rear sight blade out with a V=Notch rear blade and the grip panels out. Since then I bought a fiber optic front sight for her so she will need to be re-sighted again. Just waiting for better weather again. She is finally set up the same way that I have my Super Blackhawk Hunter set up. Except the Blackhawk has a brass bead front sight instead of the fiber optic.

jstanfield103

Blackhawk
contender, and Dan
Thank you.

contender, I have never even fired a .17 HMR never had the opportunity too. Hope you pick it up. When I bought this Hunter there were a couple of others up for sale. One a .17 and don't remember the caliber of the other one, but it was not .22lr/Mag so I was not interested at the time. But looked today and there are no Hunter models Single Sixes available right now.

Latest posts