1990 M77 Varmint 6mm Remington, Walnut Stocked....would like info

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mauserfan

Bearcat
Good afternoon - Looking for any info on these as far as barrel manufacturer and twist, potential accuracy, etc. I just got one and am curious about these rifles. Thank you all in advance.
Darrel Wick

Attachments

• IMG_5106.jpg
    IMG_5106.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 92

wintergreen

Bearcat
I came to this site looking to find some info about a M77 in 6mm I just purchased. Saw the name of the thread and thought "lucky me.....that is the same year and model of the one I bought".

Turns out, that is the exact gun. Darrel is the guy I bought it from.
Wow!

It is supposed to arrive by tomorrow evening.

Has only had 45 rounds through it. Super excited.

catus

Bearcat
I have a 77 V in .280 cal. that has never been even taken out of the box and I need to sell it and was wondering if anyone could tell me what it might be worth? I bought five of them as a dealer back in about 1975 or so and just never did sell this one. Thanks for any help.

hittman

Staff member
Post a pic or the info from the end label on the box. Having that info can narrow things down a bit.
Look for COMPLETED items on Gun Broker or other auction sites to see what they actually sell for.

wintergreen

Bearcat
My optic came in a couple weeks ago. Was initially going to mount it on a rail, but when I did the scope was just too high. So ordered rings that should be delivered today. Hope to see how she shoots sometime in the next week or so. Couldn't be more excited.

chet15

Hawkeye
I have a 77 V in .280 cal. that has never been even taken out of the box and I need to sell it and was wondering if anyone could tell me what it might be worth? I bought five of them as a dealer back in about 1975 or so and just never did sell this one. Thanks for any help.
If yours is marked "7mm Rem. or .280 Rem. Express" on the barrel it could be worth a premium to the right person.
Chet15