Pictures from the Puyallup RCA/WAC Ruger show

Help Support Ruger Forum:

RPM Enterprises

Buckeye
Rugermania was going strong in Puyallup. We had a total of 16 displays. I had a couple guys back out in the last moment so I personally added a couple more from my collection. It was great to meet all who attended and a lot of good guns came in the door. Jim Jenkins who was our representative from Cabela's. Jim who has a amazing knowledge of guns I had him be one of our 4 judges. The judges were Sam Johnson,Randy Graham and Shawn Lee. For the break down on who won I will write an article for the RCA and the RENE. Enjoy the pictures :D

Here is Skip Warrick with his Bearcats
DisplayShow2010059.jpg

DisplayShow2010053.jpg

DisplayShow2010052.jpg

Then we had Phil Trebnick with his Lightweights. Phil had a nice all blue "S" gun there.

DisplayShow2010145.jpg

DisplayShow2010057.jpg

DisplayShow2010056.jpg

Then we had Wayno and Dave (Heliman) I think they had a example of every Ruger produced. Wayne had a Gold Lable shot gun there as well.

DisplayShow2010037.jpg

DisplayShow2010075.jpg

DisplayShow2010067.jpg

DisplayShow2010071.jpg

Randy Graham had an awesome display of holsters.
There was even a variation I have never seen.

DisplayShow2010149.jpg

DisplayShow2010065.jpg

DisplayShow2010061.jpg

Then My good friend Sam Johnson with his Bearcats. Sam also received best Ruger of the show.

DisplayShow2010146.jpg

Best Ruger of show was a Black trigger guard Bearcat. Only about 109 of these were produced.

DisplayShow2010079.jpg

DisplayShow2010148.jpg

Then my wife Peggy with her tribute to 50 year guns.

DisplayShow2010041.jpg

This was a last minute display so I put together a Buckeye Blackhawk with the two rare holsters.

DisplayShow2010084.jpg

DisplayShow2010082.jpg

DisplayShow2010088.jpg

Here is a Maxi display I may take to Dallas in August.

DisplayShow2010086.jpg

DisplayShow2010090.jpg

DisplayShow2010092.jpg

DisplayShow2010091.jpg

Then my auto pistol display. I won 1st place in the advanced class and best display of the show. It scored a total of 95 points out of a 100 possible. I think I will retire it now or place it in a masters class.

DisplayShow2010043.jpg

DisplayShow2010044.jpg

DisplayShow2010096.jpg

This was the gun given for the best display of show. A Ruger Charger engraved with RCA logo 35th anniversary along with a letter from the RCA.
DisplayShow2010153.jpg

Here is another display I had to put together due to a drop out. I have to make sure I fill the back wall with displays. I think it turned out pretty nice.

DisplayShow2010101.jpg

DisplayShow2010099.jpg

DisplayShow2010104.jpg

The 3 amigo's (The Problem Fox)

DisplayShow2010103.jpg

If anyone has any of these foxes for sale email me at [email protected]

singlesix018.jpg

Then we had my son with his Hawkeye display. Michael won 1st. place in the Intermediate class.

DisplayShow2010028.jpg

Then my good friend Shawn with his memorabilia collection. Shawn is my biggest compettion when it comes to this memorabilia collecting.

DisplayShow2010021.jpg

DisplayShow2010116.jpg

DisplayShow2010111.jpg

DisplayShow2010117.jpg

Shawn had some help. This display takes alot of time to put together but well worth it.
DisplayShow2010030.jpg

Then we had Shawns dad Bert Lee. Bert won first place in the Novice class this year.

DisplayShow2010039.jpg

Suzi Stepper with her display featured some last cowboy guns and a very nice looking number 1.

DisplayShow2010143.jpg

DisplayShow2010126.jpg

Then we had Norm Wells. This display was of 10/22's and 44 carbines.

DisplayShow2010022.jpg

DisplayShow2010130.jpg

This gun was close to being the best Ruger of show. It was another one of my favorites. 1 of 7 known checkered finger groove "D" guns.
DisplayShow2010131.jpg

Very nice Norm.

Then last we had Greg Harp (Rugerboi). Greg had a consecutive pair of engraved single sixes along with a lightweight in the box and a flat loading gate sinle six.

Greg is some where under that hat :lol:
DisplayShow2010024.jpg

DisplayShow2010141.jpg

DisplayShow2010136.jpg

Then some pics at the awards dinner

Jim from Cabelas and my wife Peggy
DisplayShow2010020.jpg

DisplayShow2010001.jpg

DisplayShow2010003.jpg

The future of Ruger collecting. Hank Green and myself discussing the possiblities for our hobby. Stay tuned for a future anouncement :shock:

DisplayShow2010004.jpg

Greg had won the drawing for a Ruger single six in 17 cal.
DisplayShow2010023.jpg

The show was a great success. Thanks to all displayers who made it happen. And special thanks to Dalia from the RCA, Cabela's, The folks at Ruger Tim Murphy and John Kitchens, Don Findley, Shawn Lee and Kelly Glen Kimbro. see you in Rugermainia 2011.

flattop44

Buckeye
Alright, finally get to see some pics....outstanding job everyone, great displays. Lots of work but more fun!!
Bill

RPM Enterprises

Buckeye
Robb, A displayer can display what ever they want as long as it refers to Ruger. If you have such type of guns. I see you live in Oregon. Sounds like that could be your display next year..

Thanks RPM, I was just curious. I have to admit I'm a converter rather than a collector but other than a few TLA's, all my customs are based on Rugers. I just wasn't sure if a non-purist had any place in the scheme of things. In fact, this Type 1 tansition gun is the only stock Ruger I own and it is slated to become a Skeeter Skelton/John Taffin tribute 44 Special soon.
IMG_0216-1.jpg

This started as a twin the gun above.
5.jpg

Double Maduro

Single-Sixer
Great pictures and great displays be the exhibitors.

I about broke my neck looking at Shawns rotating pistols. I'm glad I went, I saw Rugers I didn't even know existed.

Thanks for putting this together and thanks for the pics.

DM

ubme

Bearcat
I about broke my neck looking at Shawns rotating pistols. I'm glad I went, I saw Rugers I didn't even know existed.

Double Madure, I wish I could take the credit for the Hawkeyes but it was Rick's son Michael that displayed them.

Rick did an outstanding job putting this show together. There was plenty of Ruger's that came into the show for sale and also asking info about there favorite Ruger firearm. The display's from my perspective where very hard to judge, absolutely wonderful. All display's had guns that are seldom seen either in there model, caliber and condition.
Again, thanks to Rick and all dis-player's for making this a great show.

All Ruger enthusiast are encouraged to display no matter if it's 1 gun or 20, old or new model we enjoy seeing them.

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
Outstanding Pictures of some great collections.
The amount of time and work that goes into putting
something like this together must be mindboggling.
Congradulations to all who displayed and shared their
collections with us. Thanks Rick!!
Terry

PS, Shawn you about gave me a heart attack looking at the original
Ruger ashtray sitting on the END of the display table! :D
Oh I forgot you have a spare!!!! :wink: :wink:.
Terry

aminahyaquin

Bearcat
Absolutely SPECTACULAR!!!!
!!!
It is a visceral pleasure, to see the beauty and the history, the pwoer and the stories, the approach to displaying and developing a collection--it must behard for people who don't get it to feel that adrenalin rush you can get just from the pictures!
Really really amazing.
this is another keeper thread

circlergrugers

Vaquero
Great job Ruger Collectors It was incredible to see it all up close, So may nice guns and Memorabilia. And all very nice people that were very helpful with any questions.
Anyone that has anything Ruger should get in on this as all it takes is one time and your hooked! As the saying goes the more the merrier.
Dig something Ruger out of the closet and give it a try. Again Excellent!

slowpoke

Single-Sixer
I regretably had to miss this show. Looks like fun. Rick did his best to talk me into displaying, but I just didn't feel ready. Probably worked out best as my Dad had emergency 4-way bypass surgery, (He's doing well), and I'd feel bad if I was another "back-out". Thanks for the pictures Rick and I promise I'll be ready next year.

radicalrod

Hunter
Hey looks like you guys had a GREAT TIME......and lots of GREAT GUNS.....I had to get my "little black book" out when I saw Sam's BLACK GUARD BC......only 3 away thank goodness :shock: :shock: :shock: Thanks for the pics Rick....nice job everyone......I know how much work a display can be....I am taking my Red Eagle display to the OGCA this weekend and NDRuger is en-route as I type........see ya RR.