Borescope deal

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Acorn

Buckeye
I was browsing for a borescope on THE online retailer and saw one for $59 with a 30% off coupon. Brought it down to around $35. Comes with a really long (16') camera. I wish it was shorter. The screen is about the size of a cell phone and in color. Seems to be a nice little unit.

Acorn

Buckeye
https://www.amazon.com/Borescope-Inspection-Industrial-Waterproof-Semi-Rigid/dp/B09BHY6MYQ/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_sspa?crid=29ZS2SS40W9HH&dchild=1&keywords=borescope&qid=1631270018&sprefix=bores&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzRk43Wk9VNzZGWVZJJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMTkwNDc1NklBNk5WRkxVNEFOJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA4OTM0OTgyWUlKSlpCOFFBSU5QJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfcGhvbmVfc2VhcmNoX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Here ya go.

Acorn

Buckeye
blume357 said:
The issue or problem with these is lighting....

I haven't tried it out yet but it has 6 tiny LEDs built into the lens. Also has a 90 degree mirror attachment.
My plan are for scoping barrels bores and maybe down spark plug holes.

Wow! Do-it-at-home colonoscopy! :D

Sorry, bad joke. Actually those look really neat. I just ordered one. But why is the orange more expensive? I never get that about Amazon.

Johnnu2

Hunter
I have a friend who makes himself crazy every time he uses his bore-scope... He's a perfectionist and once he looks inside the barrels of his various "one hole group" barrels, he loses sleep for days at a time. (Yes, I'm exaggerating, but not by much). Me, I leave well enough alone and focus on "lowering the bar" as I get older :)

J.

contender

Ruger Guru
I use a borescope, and to truly see the details inside a gun bore,, the insert needs to be rigid, so you can rotate it, OR the barrel & things stay in focus.
That borescope mentioned,, has a "snake" type probe, and appears flexible.
I use O-rings on my rigid probe to keep my mirror/light from moving around & allowing very close inspection. I place my firearm in a rest, insert, and can rotate the probe easily.

That one looks like it'll be harder to get to focus & see things with.
JMO!

Acorn

Buckeye
Just tried mine out and scoped the bore of one of my .22 Single Sixes and my Witness .45. Mainly to see if it would fit a .22 and see the clarity in abutted bore.
Happy to report that it does fit a .22, and the rifling in both shows up nice and sharp.

Latest posts