SPF: 1958 RSS5 Single Six with Stag Grips

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
This is a .22 LR Single Six with the round loading gate, from the period after the flat gate and before the convertibles. It is not converted and in 90%+ condition with good blue that is thin in spots like the left muzzle, a turn line, and there is some scattered light freckling and rough spots that may be light pitting. I'm not sure what that stuff is on the frame in front of the right grip, I didn't notice it until I was cropping pics, but since it is also on the alloy grip frame, I suspect it is just grease or grime [EDIT: Yes, it cleaned off - see new pic]. Good shooter grade gun. It has real stag grips that are likely from the period with mellow yellow aging and strong bark. Inside the left panel is the remnants of a sticker but not enough to know what it was. I do believe the grips are worth more than the gun, probably $450 on the grips and $350 for the gun with no grips.

SPF (was $700)$675 shipped FFL to FFL

NXUbwL8.jpg

kPkH3jX.jpg

VZxsHqr.jpg

CI34KLa.jpg

9UjMyIP.jpg

q62jfcp.jpg

DKdTOo9.jpg

uZZSWqZ.jpg

v5UHk09.jpg

tyMTUhy.jpg

5f1ZN9I.jpg

gfhmb8P.jpg

x1H22MB.jpg

9xwsBPA.jpg

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
I got the crud cleaned off the frame. Took a new pic and put it right below the first pic that showed the crusty goo on the frame. I see I still missed a little above the grip on the grip frame - the older I get, the less effective my pre-lockdown eyeglass prescription is without additional magnification!

Status
Not open for further replies.