TN live fire cannon shoot back on

Help Support Ruger Forum:

volshooter

Buckeye
Firm dates of April 10 and 11 have been announced for the Pelham cannon shoot.
I plan on attending and hope to see GRAMPS there again.
It's really good time to watch historic era guns live fire. Not sure if they are going to compete at 800 or 1000 yards yet.
I encourage anyone in that area to attend. It's a blast!

volshooter

Buckeye
I'll post more details as they come available. The farm they have been shooting at changed hands and the new owner is agreeable and happy with about the improvements the group has made over the years. Honestly it is a serious rush watching and smelling the black powder. If ya ain't got nothing to do those days come and spend $20 to watch live fire. GRAMPS went around two years ago asking and found out these guys are spending around $50 a shot.
If ya ask nice I can tell ya how to avoid spectator status and get close, even GRAMPS and I have actually touched off a shot or two.
The crew that allowed me to touch one off called left 9 o'clock. I said no way. Spotter reconfirmed. I simply looked at them and said no way! I'm a conservative and if any thing I hit at 3 o'clock...…
Took em a few seconds before they got it......big laugh.
Great time with great folks from all over the east. Spent many hours with regular guys that were actually wealthy. Cannons ain't cheap. We all had a good safe,NRA sanctioned time. All events start with prayers. No booze allowed, just good fun.

32magfan

Blackhawk
I might try to come. I think I came the first year they did the shoot and they had an awful day with rainy weather. We didn't stay.
I can be there in a couple of hours.

It would be good to see Gramps again. Probably 8-10 years since we shot at Viola, TN.

Thanks,

32Magfan

Hi guys! I am going to put it on the calendar. Which day is everyone going to show up? It is a blast literally! Nothing like the smell of HOLY BLACK in the AM. Certainly look forward to seeing Volshooter and 32 Mag fan. Come on down Contender, I always enjoy your company too! Anyone else from that area would enjoy hearing the large caliber guns speak. FWIW. Black powder isn't cheap either!
gramps

contender

Ruger Guru
Miss Penny says we can't make it. She has piano lessons on the 10th,, and it takes a LOT to get her to miss a lesson. I think she's only missed (1) lesson in over 2 years now. Plus,, the 5 hour or so drive,, would make it an overnight trip for us. Right now,, one of our cats is needing extra care.

Sorry guys,, I guess we're out.

volshooter

Buckeye
Information on the event can be GOOGLED. Put in "cannon shoot Pelham TN".
I will be there on the 9th helping set up and all day on the 10th.
Unable to attend on the 11th.
Hope to see some of ya'll there.
Rick

jgt

Buckeye
I once read a magazine article about civil war re-enactor that were invited to shoot their cannon against some army crews using 105's. They were using the range at Fort Hood. I was not expecting the outcome. Try as they may, the army crews were unable to shoot better than the guys using the front stuffer. They were competing at some impressive ranges.

32magfan

Blackhawk
Sorry to say but plans have changed. My step-son's birthday is that week so we will be headed to Louisville to eat somewhere nice. Sorry we won't be able to come.

Thanks,

32Magfan

Latest posts