8th Annual Ruger Forum East Coast Gathering

Help Support Ruger Forum:

contender

Ruger Guru
Since folks need time to make plans,,, we are going ahead & creating a post about this fall's Gathering.

Come one, come all to the 8th annual Ruger Forum East Coast Gathering! :D :D

When; October 5th, 6th, & 7th.
Where; Hawkeye Gun Range, Owl Hollow Rd Mill Spring NC
Who; Ruger Forum members, their guests, and just about anybody who enjoys fun, fellowship, and shooting.

We'll be setting up on Friday October 5th,, with an eye towards having a diverse array of targets or challenges.
You can bring any legal firearms you wish,, they do not have to just be Rugers.
We'll be doing a casual "Show & tell" as well as some of us may have some odds & ends to swap. If you plan on swapping or selling any firearms,, be sure to abide by all the laws.

Saturday late afternoon, we'll be having a cookout at the range. Unless something different is chosen,, most likely a "Low Country Boil" will be the main dish!

Sunday we'll be wrapping up & folks tend to start heading home.

Reserved my rooms for 5 -7 October at the Quality Inn in Forest City, NC. Cost is $79.00 plus tax ( figures to about $89.00 total ). Nice rooms, comfortable beds, and quiet. I, along with my two grandsons, will be heading that way.

Big Old Boy

Hunter
I forgot all about it, I may or may not make it. We are selling our condo and having a house built. If anyone asks I am to the point I can not do the stairs very well and the new house is one floor and will have a gun room for me to hide in and reload in.
I believe our closing will be in the same time frame but I will wait and see, I do hope I can make it the VA gave me a new mobility scooter and I was going to race with Frank if it worked out.

Big Old Boy said:
I do hope I can make it the VA gave me a new mobility scooter and I was going to race with Frank if it worked out.
BRING IT ON!!!!!
Seriously, that little scooter has been a treasure. It allows me mobility in places I absolutely could not go without it.

gramps

Hawkeye
I am planning on going this year, bringing my Significant Other, Dee. She just got her carry permit this year, plus carry guns! :lol:
gramps

contender

Ruger Guru
Scooter racing. Hmmmm!
Ok, here are the rules.
Starting at the shooting shed area, racing downrange, stopping short at the 25 yd line for the bay, drawing your CCW handgun, and knocking down 5 steel plates. First one to knock them all down wins.

contender said:
Scooter racing. Hmmmm!
Ok, here are the rules.
Starting at the shooting shed area, racing downrange, stopping short at the 25 yd line for the bay, drawing your CCW handgun, and knocking down 5 steel plates. First one to knock them all down wins.
Since I am from the People's Republic of Maryland I don't have a CCW. BUT, if I did, open carry is allowed. So that said I guess my 'open carry' will be my 9" Single Six in .22WMR. Like a rifle from 25 yds. :D. :D

I'm sure Contender will allow that. Open carry is allowed in N.C. and he has allowed both at his event.... but if you want a real gun Fox Mike I'll loan you one....

Hopefully I'll be there and can video the event. I think it would be even more fun for Contender to set up his competition event so that y'all could scooter through it..... in and around the barriers and shooting around and past obstacles.

blume357 said:
I'm sure Contender will allow that. Open carry is allowed in N.C. and he has allowed both at his event.... but if you want a real gun Fox Mike I'll loan you one....

Hopefully I'll be there and can video the event. I think it would be even more fun for Contender to set up his competition event so that y'all could scooter through it..... in and around the barriers and shooting around and past obstacles.
Let's not get too carried away with this gang. Next it will be all firing must be done with the 'off' hand. :roll: :roll:

contender

Ruger Guru
Hey, I can build a course of fire that has to be navigated from a scooter. AND,,, I can mandate "weak hand shooting too!"

:D :D

Open carry it is then,, just for you sad folks from Maryland!

contender said:
Hey, I can build a course of fire that has to be navigated from a scooter. AND,,, I can mandate "weak hand shooting too!"

What is this "Weak Hand/Off Hand" that you speak of. Going to a gunfight ya'll need to shoot the same with either hand :D :D :D :D

Really wish I could make it. Our past Ruger Fest were outstanding.

Wyandot Jim said:
contender said:

What is this "Weak Hand/Off Hand" that you speak of. Going to a gunfight ya'll need to shoot the same with either hand :D :D :D :D

Really wish I could make it. Our past Ruger Fest were outstanding.
Weak hand/off hand is whatever hand you normally don't shoot using. So, a right-hander would have to shoot with the left and a lefty would use the right.
There is an airport real near where I, and others, will be staying; Rutherford County Airport. Fly on over and one of us will pick you up I am sure.