It's not Great...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mohavesam

Hawkeye
"uneven heat dissipation"? H-S Physics, sir.
Re: expansion ration of the concerned material thicknesses - You're gonna re-anneal it first. If you can get your 22 pistol up to beta temp (1400-1500 F) then you'd have something to worry about. It ain't belt-fed y'know...

Dan in MI

Staff member
mohavesam said:
Re: expansion ration of the concerned material thicknesses - You're gonna re-anneal it first. If you can get your 22 pistol up to beta temp (1400-1500 F) then you'd have something to worry about. It ain't belt-fed y'know...

Lord knows I've tried. :p

mohavesam said:
I am SO sorry to have mentioned it. I am also sorry but I didn't take HS Physics.

mohavesam

Hawkeye
searched long o find a Great Eight with the 22/45 grip, just suits my hands better. the barrels can be deadly accurate in the hardwoods of MI and the Ponderosa pines of AZ mountains. Dan, Ruger is selling found inventory of the steel scope mounts that fit the Competition Target models - of which the G8 are one. Grab yours now...

Dan in MI

Staff member
Chief_10Beers said:
Looks Great to me. What do you have to do to your MKII to fit the 22/45? Or is that a MKI Grip frame.............

I've heard that there may be some fitting involved, but this was just a straight swap. It was tight and took a coupe leather mallet whacks, but nothing more than love taps. MK-I or II work just fine.

Sam, you and I are polar opposite on this. I looked for a non 22-45 version for a long time. Just missed a sweet one a couple years ago. Gave up and bought the 22-45 and started searching for available MK version frames.

Hope you kept the original frame. If you ever decide to sell it a P8GC will be worth a lot more than a frankenruger.

There were less than a 1,000 MK8s but only around 2,000 P8GCs. That doesn't sound like a big difference to me but the MK8s seem a lot harder to find. Maybe the MK8 owners are just holding on to theirs. I know I am. :)

1gunsnotenough

Buckeye
Highstandardguy said:
There were less than a 1,000 MK8s but only around 2,000 P8GCs. That doesn't sound like a big difference to me but the MK8s seem a lot harder to find. Maybe the MK8 owners are just holding on to theirs. I know I am. :)

Yes. I have the same disease. Can't part with one of mine either,

Latest posts