m77 .30-06 Value?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

redoc

Bearcat
Gentleman, I could use help, I have been given the task of selling a Ruger m77 in .30-06. Serial number dates to 1977. Condition is average, some handling marks, some wear. it's topped with a Redfield 3x9 scope which appears sharp. Rifling looks good.
What should this be selling for?? Approximately of course. I appreciate your taking a look, and thank you for your consideration.
Happy New Year !

I assume wood/blue in "average condition" with the market the way it is and newer guns selling fairly competitively I'd say $375-$450. I'd try to sell it locally so you didn't have to ship. The other option and I think you might do better is to seperate the scope from the rifle and sell them separately. To sell them together assumes that people want that exact scope with that rifle and don't have scopes laying around. Often that assumption is not true. Then I'd try the scope for $100-115 and the rifle $350-$425, maybe. Every bodies "average" is different.

TBear77

Single-Sixer
One 'rule-of-thumb' I use when valueing common configurations is to use 1/2 current MSRP of a similar current model. For example, the current M77 Hawkeye Standard is $979.00 MSRP. Divide by 2 = $489.50. Then deduct for any wear & tear.

For uncommon configurations, I check Gunbroker.com for recently sales.

Hope this helps,
Ted