RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:30 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 5:28 pm 
Single-Sixer

I love everything about my LC9 except for the LONG trigger pull in which I just can't get used to, mostly because I shoot Glocks a lot. So, are there any reliable aftermarket trigger parts that will shorten the length of pull? I do not want to decrease the pull weight much if any because I carry with the safety off, but I would not mind losing a few pounds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 7:13 pm 
Bearcat

Gallowayprecision.com is the only one I know of that is doing trigger mods with the LC9. Problem is that he modifies your stock parts or you have to get the parts from Ruger or some other vendor that might have a stash around.

Forget about getting them from Ruger. They have gone to a factory install on these parts only now.

But get ahold of Galloway and he can help you out. Either ship him the pistol or you have to remove the parts and ship them to him then reinstall them when you get them back.

He is working on a vendor to make these parts to his personal specs but I have not heard if he has anyone lined up yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 7:39 am 
Single-Sixer

I still wish they would have put the SR9c trigger on the LC9! If I can get my hands on a Shield, the LC9 may be history. Retired to the safe or sold....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 10:48 am 
Single-Sixer

Do the Galloway parts compromise reliability in any way? Are they easy to install?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 12:18 pm 
Bearcat

Captains1911 wrote:
Do the Galloway parts compromise reliability in any way? Are they easy to install?

Lots of good reports on them.

Install is pretty easy, he even has videos on his website on how to remove these parts and install these parts.

Not really hard once you do it. I just put in a new hammer and trigger bar in mine on Friday. I tried modifying them myself and messed up the trigger bar.

Anyway it too me maybe 10 minutes to break the gun down, pull the trigger bar and hammer and reinstall the new stock ones and put the gun back together.

You will need some small punches, a small flat blade screw driver, a small needle nose and a small hammer and a block of some type with a hole drilled in it or a small vise of some sort. Also a tray to put the small parts in is helpful.

But I think he charges 40 bucks for the trigger bar and hammer mods but you have to send the parts in so there will be some shipping included.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 12:53 pm 
Single-Sixer

I don't carry with the safety on, is the reduced length of pull so much that some may consider it unsafe to carry in this manner? Is the pull weight reduced any by this mod? I understand all the safety rules, finger off the trigger, safety between the ears, yada yada, this is not what I'm asking about. I have the tools, and i've already removed the mag disconnect so im somewhat familiar with the internals, i just wanted to make sure no hand fitting if parts is required. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 5:33 pm 
Bearcat

It only decreases the pull length from more then an inch to just over half an inch. It is not like to turns it into a hair trigger. You still have to pull the trigger with meaning or deliberation before it will go bang.

Personally, I don't see it being a safety issue and others that have don't it don't seem to think it takes away from the safe operation of the firearm.

It is astill a double action pull but just not as long as before.

Too bad you can't buy a trigger bar and hammer from Ruger anymore. Well you can but you have to send the firearm in and they have to install them meaning they will take the trigger bar and hammer that you already have.

Personally, if you can wait then give it a little time till Galloway gets their aftermarket kit so you can just buy that and not have to send your in to be modified.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 6:08 pm 
Single-Sixer

I had 2 happy moments with my LC 9, the day I bought it and the day I got rid of it. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 12:48 am 
Single-Sixer

Anyone knows what is taking Mr. Galloway so long? To me it seems like he's losing quite a lot of business, people ask here about the parts all the time.

There are 4 men in the world you can trust: William Ruger, Gaston Glock, Jiří Čermák and Michail Kalashnikov

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 10:35 am 
Single-Sixer

Knecht wrote:
Anyone knows what is taking Mr. Galloway so long? To me it seems like he's losing quite a lot of business, people ask here about the parts all the time.

How long has the wait been thus far?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 4:40 pm 
Single-Sixer

MIdway sells the trigger bar but on back order right now..ok to order though

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/271471 ... er-bar-lc9

here is the hammer
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/659644 ... hammer-lc9

I Have the kit in mine and love it..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 4:51 pm 
Single-Sixer

It just seems a shame that the gun can't be more user friendly from the factory! Other than the trigger, I love the gun...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 6:52 pm 
Single-Sixer

Have the parts always been modified factory parts, or was he selling custom parts?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 7:05 pm 
Single-Sixer

He was selling custom parts.. till ruger put a stop to that and made them dealer install only now..
Just search around and you will find the parts...
Just glad I got mine right before all this happened..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 7:33 pm 
Single-Sixer

I don't understand, if they were custom parts (not modified factory parts), how could Ruger have any control over that?

Search around to find what parts? Custom parts or factory parts to send him for modification?

If I just send him the factory parts of my gun, will I be getting back the same parts everybody is talking about?