Ruger Charger Optics

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Good question, actually exactly what I was going to ask last week and got side tracked when I broke my hand, but that's a different story...

The problem I have with most of the red dots is the size of the dot when shooting at about 50 yards.. If you can get a red dot with a small MOA reticle or dot then that might work better than the one I'm using right now.

I'm thinking about switching to a 2x pistol scope.

LuckenbachTexas

Buckeye
Weaver 4x rimfire

http://www.opticsplanet.net/weaver-rifle-scopes-rimfire-849430.html

Mounted in Talley one piece rings

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/181121/talley-lightweight-2-piece-scope-mounts-with-integral-1-rings-ruger-10-22-matte-low

Happy shooting friend.

LuckenbachTexas

Buckeye
That prostaff is a nice scope too, just larger than the weaver.

If you are military or retired, order direct from Talley for a substantial discount.

mattsbox99

Hunter
I have both the Weaver and Nikon Rimfire scopes and I prefer the Nikon.

My Charger has had a red dot, 2x Leupold, and currently has a 2.5-8 VXIII Leupold pistol scope on it.

I don't know how you would shoot the Charger with a regular rifle scope.

Gussers

Single-Sixer
I have a BSA contender 3-12x40 Rifle scope on mine, but it's not used for plinking. I use it for both 25yd indoor competitions as well as Smallbore Silhouette out to 100 meters. I can't imagine trying to shoot it with a pistol scope. It would be very hard to steady enough out away from the body to be very accurate I would think.

hutchman

Blackhawk
I initially had a red dot on mine but switched to a rifle scope when I needed the red dot on something else. I hated the rifle scope, so I ordered a 2 - 7 EER handgun scope.....not much love for it either, so I am going back to a red dot eventually. More fun to shoot......great fun plinking. Great combination.

Gussers

Single-Sixer
blume357 said:
Gussers,

can you describe how you steady the Charger while using a rifle scope?

Not really...have you ever been to a Smallbore Silhouette shoot? I learned from watching others. Most of the guys in the club I shoot with shoot Contenders with rifle scopes.

I'm right handed, obviously holding the grip in the right with my upper arm tucked/up against my body and I typically grasp the scope and fore end with my left hand with my upper left arm held in tight against my left side. I try to have as much contact of my arms against my upper body for stability. Thats about the best I can do as for description. We have a shoot this Sat. Maybe I can convince somone to take a pic and I will post it up.

We tried to have a small bores pistol silhouette thing here at my gun club, but they started it in the dead of winter and not enough folks showed up.... one morning it was 15 degrees... talk about 'fun' shooting...

send a picture, now that you mention it, I think I know what you are trying to describe.

mdewitt71

Single-Sixer
I have a 2X riflescope on my Charger, a cheap BSA but, I am thinking about a nice 2-7x EER scope.....
I have to agree with the red dot, at a distance it doesnt seem to work out for me either.
Has anyone used both a rifle and a pistol scope on thiers, which seemed to work better.
I normally shoot it off the bench from the bipod.

kd4rgwml

Single-Sixer
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/546845/millett-red-dot-sight-30mm-tube-1x-variable-sized-dot-3-5-8-10-moa-with-weaver-style-rings-matte

IMG_0476_zpsb74416b4.jpg

this one works well for me

mdewitt71

Single-Sixer
I think I might put a Millitt Red Dot on my 22/45 but, I think a pistol scope will work better for me on my Charger.....