MKII bolt/trigger problem

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bootlegger

Single-Sixer
Took one of my MKII out today that I have never shot (bought used last year) and I noticed when I held the trigger in after a shot the bolt would not go forward all the way until I let off the trigger.

It does this even when unloaded with no magazine in the gun. If I hold the bolt ears and move back and forward with trigger pulled I can feel the bolt dragging on something.

I removed frame from reciever and I cant see any drag marks on bottom of bolt BUT the disconnector assembly seems to catch on something beside the hammer.

Hope I exsplained well enough what it is doing, any ideas?

No better time to upgrade to some volquartsen parts right :D

Thanks for any an all help, Mike

louiethelump

Buckeye
Sounds like the disconnector my be hanging up and stopping the bolt. There is a spring and plunger in the trigger that gives it upward tension. I am thinking maybe this spring and plunger may be rusted or gunked up with grease or dried oil or (God forbid) WD40 residue from a previous owner.

Bootlegger

Single-Sixer
The disconector I belive is the problem for sure, once apart I can feel it hanging up on something. It all really clean but could be a bur catching it or like you said the spring in the plunger. Going to strip it all the way down today. Update ya as I go.

Xtratoy, got your PM thanks, that's a great page full of info. Will be using that site alot!